Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hates and Dislikes since living in Australia.

Hates and Dislikes since living in Australia.

Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hates and Dislikes since living in Australia.

Like everywhere no wheres perfect. Have you found anything you really hated in Australia was similar to what you didn't like in UK or some things that were different.

I hated the blue singlet brigade, but I also hate the Chavs in UK. Lets keep this thread with no abuse

Last edited by Mercedes; Aug 30th 2005 at 7:03 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:44 pm
BLC

Default Re: Hates and Dislikes since living in Australia.

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Like everywhere no wheres perfect. Have you found anything you really hated in Australia was similar to what you didn't like in UK or some things that were different.

I hated the blue single brigade, but I also hate the Chavs in UK. Lets keep this thread with no abuse
Ummmmmm, yes the funny thing is if you live long enough in either place you do see the equivalent

Me & other half keep saying to those in the UK that bemoan something here "No different in Oz" and to be fair it isn't.

Keeping it abuse free, B

Last edited by BLC; Aug 30th 2005 at 6:07 pm.

Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:04 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I hate the way the TV Channels mess about with the programs, especially Ch 7. There might be something on every Monday at 9pm then all of a sudden it changes to 11pm on a Thursday hen off air for a couple of weeks etc etc.

I hate the way the Magpies wake you up at 4am during the Summer.

I hate pulling the sheets back in my bed to check for any huntsmen lurking.

I hate the fact that I only moved here 6 years ago & not 20 years ago.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Why don't you get the house sprayed? Please don't tell me you have but it doesn't work, I've already got the guys booked and haven't even arranged my flights yet, let alone found somewhere to live
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

I hated the blue single brigade, but I also hate the Chavs in UK. Lets keep this thread with no abuse
well I do not live in Oz yet but I am already worried that my husband will find it acceptable to dress like an ozzie workman I have observed during my many holidays
by this I mean silly little shorts and working boots
I am no fashion guru but the look does not grab me!
Tara
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:25 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why don't you get the house sprayed? Please don't tell me you have but it doesn't work, I've already got the guys booked and haven't even arranged my flights yet, let alone found somewhere to live
Hardly worth it, in 3 years in this house only had 1 in the bedroom.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hardly worth it, in 3 years in this house only had 1 in the bedroom.
You're a braver man than me Gunger Din
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

[/QUOTE]

I did that when I first went to Oz, I think I slept with one eye open the first year. LOL.

I found if I was in a new appartment, I didn't seem to find any, but ones that had trees surrounding the house, loads.....and they seem to travel in pairs. Found a couple in my car also, they come up the vents, especially again if I parked under trees.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:16 pm
The Godfather

You're a braver man than me Gunger Din

No, just Scottish & hates parting with my hard earned.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:17 pm
The Godfather

[/QUOTE]

I did that when I first went to Oz, I think I slept with one eye open the first year. LOL.

I found if I was in a new appartment, I didn't seem to find any, but ones that had trees surrounding the house, loads.....and they seem to travel in pairs. Found a couple in my car also, they come up the vents, especially again if I parked under trees. [/QUOTE]

I totally agree, they do seem to travel in pairs, very rarely have I seen one & theres not another one close by.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Roofman is a jewel in the roughRoofman is a jewel in the roughRoofman is a jewel in the roughRoofman is a jewel in the rough

I hated the blue singlet brigade, but I also hate the Chavs in UK. Lets keep this thread with no abuse
Whats the Blue singlet Brigade?? I want to go to get my kids away from the chavs!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:23 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Beetroot bloody beetroot.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:58 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

No, just Scottish & hates parting with my hard earned.

hard earned

worth every penny, if it gets rid of huntsman spiders....no sleep for 1 year not good, i will need therapy
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

This made me laugh...we exchanged contracts on our Brisbane property last May, and we had the pest treatment arranged before we left Oz to come back to UK. We don't settle until September 9th!! How's that for paranoia?

Actually the treatment company said they won't actually do the business until a week before we arrive, that way its more effective. So hopefully we will be pest free when we first arrive, though I'm still expecting some creepy crawlies. Oh well, such is life.....

Netta
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:07 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
This made me laugh...we exchanged contracts on our Brisbane property last May, and we had the pest treatment arranged before we left Oz to come back to UK. We don't settle until September 9th!! How's that for paranoia?

Actually the treatment company said they won't actually do the business until a week before we arrive, that way its more effective. So hopefully we will be pest free when we first arrive, though I'm still expecting some creepy crawlies. Oh well, such is life.....

Netta
If you have a cat, ours used to bring them in for afternoon snacks :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.