Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hasn't anyone mentioned the weather?

Hasn't anyone mentioned the weather?

Old Aug 24th 2004, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hasn't anyone mentioned the weather?

Hello from Perth.

We had gales and storms of over 100kms an hour last night, and tonight they have forcast it to be worse. This includes gales, rain, hale and thunderstorms.

My poor dog is c#$%^g herself, and if it gets any worse - so will I :scared:

Whisky
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:03 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hasn't anyone mentioned the weather?

[QUOTE=whisky]Hello from Perth.

We had gales and storms of over 100kms an hour last night, and tonight they have forcast it to be worse. This includes gales, rain, hale and thunderstorms.

The weather is freezing, and only just coming from the uk I am surprised at just how cold it really is. Went out shopping today for a fleecy thing for the bed. My fingers on the keyboard are frozen and i hope the wind isn't as bad tonight it was bad enough last night.
Jenny
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:05 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=jensteve]
Originally Posted by whisky
Hello from Perth.

The weather is freezing, and only just coming from the uk I am surprised at just how cold it really is. Went out shopping today for a fleecy thing for the bed. My fingers on the keyboard are frozen and i hope the wind isn't as bad tonight it was bad enough last night.
Jenny
oh give over you two !
have u forgotten what its like here ....
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

think we may have it too! there again it is August bank holiday this weekend and we have a farewell family BBQ to attend! so much for British Summer Time!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:06 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

OMG was it ever bad last night!! My dog was going cray as well. I'm sure I didn't sleep until well past 2am because of the noisy, noisy wind!
So far I don't hear any gales but then it's only 10

Siren
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:09 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
oh give over you two !
have u forgotten what its like here ....
Probably warmer!!! its 17 deg in our bedroom.
Raining cold blustery and dull with storm warnings for 4am
Jenny
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Talking Re: Hasn't anyone mentioned the weather?

I am particularly impressed with just how accurate the forecasts are here. Last night 7 news told us about the gale force winds and how they expected them to hit at about 10pm last night.....by 10pm it was in full effect. They also said to expect worse tonight and it sounds like it's gearing up outside as I type. On the plus side I went out this morning and found that all the leaves I'd been thinking about sweeping up had been kindly piled up under my patio so haven't got such a big job to clean them up!! hooray for the wind then!!

And StephenWhite I say to you...just wait until you've experienced a winter here first!! I DO remember the weather in the UK, but I lived in a double glazed and centrally heated home too so it wasn't particularly a problem!!

It's freezing tonight....and bearing in mind we don't have central heating...nor even double glazing. When I first got here 2 years ago and commented on this I got an astonished look from the Aussie I was talking to and they said in a rather incredulous tone "but it's only cold for 3 months why would you bother?"....I'm now fully acclimatised and dress for bed in my fleecy PJ's and have the obligatory sheepskin thing on the bed for warmth. And I get flashes back to my childhood when I have to dash to the shower before I freeze my t*ts off!! Ahhh bliss

On the plus side we're nearly at the end of it...just in time for my trip back to UK where I suppose it will still be raining?!!

love sophia xx
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:18 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by Siren
OMG was it ever bad last night!! My dog was going cray as well. I'm sure I didn't sleep until well past 2am because of the noisy, noisy wind!
So far I don't hear any gales but then it's only 10

Siren

Aye right doll what you doing sitting with the ear muffs on lol

Its blowing like hell outside.

But then agian you dinae have to get up at 5am to get ready for work so you probably dont take much notice of weather outside, unless its a friday meet ( you selfish bugger lol ).

Think of me tomorrow morn walking to warwick road for a bus in the pissin rain

I want to be YOU.

Brian please make Chris get a job before she gets a driving license, preferably in Quins Rock in the winter time.

I want you to suffer suffer suffer hahahahahahahaha

Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:39 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy I hear it now!! Of course, before I had the headset on listening to Depeche Mode
It's ablowin' out there!!

BTW Mags.... did I mention I had the most divine facial yesterday? It was glorious! Replete with hand, arm and back massage too!

I love my life of leisure!

P.S. Found a job I can do from home!! Looking into it.

Siren

Originally Posted by maggy
Aye right doll what you doing sitting with the ear muffs on lol

Its blowing like hell outside.

But then agian you dinae have to get up at 5am to get ready for work so you probably dont take much notice of weather outside, unless its a friday meet ( you selfish bugger lol ).

Think of me tomorrow morn walking to warwick road for a bus in the pissin rain

I want to be YOU.

Brian please make Chris get a job before she gets a driving license, preferably in Quins Rock in the winter time.

I want you to suffer suffer suffer hahahahahahahaha
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:45 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by Siren
Oh boy I hear it now!! Of course, before I had the headset on listening to Depeche Mode
It's ablowin' out there!!

BTW Mags.... did I mention I had the most divine facial yesterday? It was glorious! Replete with hand, arm and back massage too!

I love my life of leisure!

P.S. Found a job I can do from home!! Looking into it.

Siren
PISS OFF

Our friendship is over lol

Im sure you are deliberatly trying to upset me lol.

Can you please employ me when you are established

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:48 pm

You bet Chica!! You'll be my first employee (should I ever be able to employ other people LOL)

Just think! You have a Friday off in October... a facial, manicure, pedicure would be great for you to kill the morning hours!

Siren
Old Aug 24th 2004, 3:21 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, the weathers bad, hey!?!!

One of the fly screens from the window came off last night!
And the eagles footy left by 'guess who' was in the middle of the garden.
I put it away for tonight though, and so I hope I remember to bring it Friday. Though, if we're going into the city, I'm not going to drag it around!
(sorry Maggy!! Later (to late) after your sms Sunday I got the bright idea that we should've come to get you!! duh!)

I gotta get up early tommorrow, to bring Pascal to work, cos they say it's going to rain/hail in the morning too, and I need the car, because..... here it comes..... I went grocery shopping today, without any money, or bankcard, so I had to leave it in the shop, and I'll pick it up in the morning, before work(11-4). Duh, double duh!
Old Aug 24th 2004, 9:18 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello from Perth.

Whisky
Hope there isn't too much damage.

There were some good storms here a month ago. Spectacular to watch from the cliff tops.

Today all I can see from the office is 20m of fog. Reminded me of Britain.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it is now 5.18 in the morning, and blowin a gale like I have never felt in my life, and remember, I come from the East coast of the UK.
I am tired, cold and peed off as I haven't had a wink of sleep.

Whisky
Old Aug 24th 2004, 9:34 pm
Go Banana's !!

Well, it is now 5.18 in the morning, and blowin a gale like I have never felt in my life, and remember, I come from the East coast of the UK.
I am tired, cold and peed off as I haven't had a wink of sleep.

Whisky

Hi Whisky,

I'm stuck at work again in the UK at this gho unearthly hour, having also been here at 2am the previous night and all day !! The weather has been PANTS in the UK as well. I'm sure Jill will give me an update and I hope Smudge has been alright in the night - he'll probably take a backward step and become a sh*ting and p***ing machine again - poor Jilly !!

Hope you batten down the hatches and brave it out !

Warren
(in a nice warm offfice in the UK but would give anything to be with the girls right now but not long to go hopefully) !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.