Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Plantation Homes?

Has anyone used Plantation Homes?

Old Apr 9th 2006, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough
Default Has anyone used Plantation Homes?

Hello

We are thinking about using Plantation Homes to build our new house.

Has anyone used them? Do you know any good or bad things about them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Send a PM if you prefer.

Thanks in advance

Neil and Shell
Old Apr 9th 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Has anyone used Plantation Homes?

Originally Posted by Neil & Shell
Hello

We are thinking about using Plantation Homes to build our new house.

Has anyone used them? Do you know any good or bad things about them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Send a PM if you prefer.

Thanks in advance

Neil and Shell
Changed their name from Henley Homes. Try a google and find out why they may have needed a new image.

WW
Old Apr 10th 2006, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Changed their name from Henley Homes. Try a google and find out why they may have needed a new image.

WW
I think I PM'd you on this but I'll repeat myself

DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE - THEY ARE AWFUL!!!!

My sister in law has just finished building with them and the finish is shocking. I've spoken to several other people and they have the same experiences.

They are in the process of building a huge display centre at Northlakes so all of the best tradies will be working on this. All of the crappy tradies will end up building the houses for thier buyers for a while I reckon.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Billabong
I think I PM'd you on this but I'll repeat myself

DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE - THEY ARE AWFUL!!!!

My sister in law has just finished building with them and the finish is shocking. I've spoken to several other people and they have the same experiences.

They are in the process of building a huge display centre at Northlakes so all of the best tradies will be working on this. All of the crappy tradies will end up building the houses for thier buyers for a while I reckon.
Thanks Billabong

I got your PM but thought I'd see if anyone else had any experiences with them. I really like one of the houses they have in the display village.

Shell
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice

http://www.goldaward.com.au/default.aspx

have been looking into things and these are good very nice and very professional!
Old Apr 10th 2006, 8:58 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam mick kurt
http://www.goldaward.com.au/default.aspx

have been looking into things and these are good very nice and very professional!
Have a look at http://www.clarendonhomes.com.au too
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
They look really nice, when they say they start at $200,000 what are the likely additional costs?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:40 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
They look really nice, when they say they start at $200,000 what are the likely additional costs?
The one we like is the Ballina 43. After speaking to the salesman, he gave us a list of additions - called the Clarendon Access pack. Essentially this is a driveway with 3 remote control units for the garage door (woo!!) floor tiles, carpets, flyscreens and a few other bits and peices (i cant remember them all - if you like i'll PM you the details later) which added an extra $30k then add render which i think was $19.5k and the elegance inclusions at another $5k which were an upgraded cooker, baths, sinks, door handles etc..

All in all an extra $55k-$60k :scared:
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch

We looked at new builds (Pacific Pines, GC) and my better half really liked the 2 storey homes. The one we liked was called the Regency, can't remember the builder though.
They soon add up don't they, but you can get a lovely place for about $300,000, add to that land at $150,000 and you have a luxury house.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 12:52 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

Ouch

We looked at new builds (Pacific Pines, GC) and my better half really liked the 2 storey homes. The one we liked was called the Regency, can't remember the builder though.
They soon add up don't they, but you can get a lovely place for about $300,000, add to that land at $150,000 and you have a luxury house.
The land we liked was in a place called Northlakes (30k's north of Brisbane) for a 640m2 block (20m x 32m) was $195000. Then you have to get turf etc on top !
Old Apr 10th 2006, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wargod
The land we liked was in a place called Northlakes (30k's north of Brisbane) for a 640m2 block (20m x 32m) was $195000. Then you have to get turf etc on top !
We have been looking (online) at places in Mountain Creek (Sunshine Coast), for a 4 bedder with AC and Pool we're looking at $400,000 - $450,000.

The new builds are really nice but I think I prefer something a bit more established. At least that way someone else has fixed all of the initial problems.

It seems that the Aussies love moving house, there's hundreds for sale that are only 6 months - 2 years old!
Old Apr 10th 2006, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

It seems that the Aussies love moving house, there's hundreds for sale that are only 6 months - 2 years old!
<12 months = divorce or transfer
>12 <24 months = avoid capital gains tax

WW
Old Apr 11th 2006, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Has nobody used Plantation Homes then?????
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Whoops!!, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:40 am
HEL
EEN

HEL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Neil and Shell,

The sales offices at Plantation are always packed so some people must be using em. As you know, we're using them and on the estate we are moving to, only 15 houses are going up at the moment and over 1/3rd of these are plantation and 1/3rd Adenbrooke.You can see a selection of them going up at the moment in different stages.

Will keep you informed of our progress.

Hels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.