Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone secured employment........

Wikiposts

has anyone secured employment........

Old May 30th 2003, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default has anyone secured employment........

a lot of people have already gone but i see a distinctive lack of feedback regardign whether they have secured employemnt - is the case that the poeple who are over there do not visit this site or is everyone struggling to find work?
Old May 30th 2003, 2:24 am
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: has anyone secured employment........

Originally posted by thewoods
a lot of people have already gone but i see a distinctive lack of feedback regardign whether they have secured employemnt - is the case that the poeple who are over there do not visit this site or is everyone struggling to find work?
Both me and the other half have jobs. She's a teacher and I'm (dare I say it because of course there aren't any jobs in Perth are there?) in IT.

The whole migration thing is all about not giving up. Jobs included. It may take a while to work out what you should be doing to get in it and you need to really look at your expectations.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 2:37 am
Just Joined

dlendl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anyone secured employment........

Yes, we are struggling to survive on 700$/fortnight! Some of us are employed with different cleaning companies, like you will find out, and on night shifts, early morning or evening etc. Even that is hard to find since there are more and more people interested for. Good luck!