Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone noticed how people dress here?

Has anyone noticed how people dress here?

Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:31 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone noticed how people dress here?

The way people dress is way down on my list of worries here

Personally, I quite like the fact that people don't give a stuff about expensive gear, because I never have or ever wanted to.
I get very puzzled by folk who show off about $600 sunglasses or $250 jeans. Strewth, I could kit out a new wardrobe for that sum!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:31 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
Absolutely agree

Must admit I hadnt really noticed I didnt notice until a friend came out a few months ago and kept going on and on "look what she's wearing... OMG look at the state of her" and I just replied "so what?"

Also agree with Sam, it's a breath of fresh air to be able to wear what you like without people judging just because you're not wearing the latest fashion/label or whatever.

I also dont understand why people care so much about other people not wearing shoes - if people want to walk round barefoot where's the harm?

OMG some people seriously need to chill out

(northernbird: yes, good point!!!!)
I agree, I hate all that designer clothes bullsh*t you get in the UK.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I get very puzzled by folk who show off about $600 sunglasses or $250 jeans. Strewth, I could kit out a new wardrobe for that sum!!
Me too, it's as if because they've spent $600 on some sunglasses somehow they are so much better than the $30 ones I've got.... yet they're probably all "Made in China"
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:46 am
Account Closed

Whenever I see anyone in designer gear anyhow, I always think it's a knock off from Asia!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

turkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bridie
Me too, it's as if because they've spent $600 on some sunglasses somehow they are so much better than the $30 ones I've got.... yet they're probably all "Made in China"

So now we are starting on China LOL
only jokin
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by turkey12903
So now we are starting on China LOL
only jokin
And why not? Aus -v- UK is a tad boring now
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:55 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexleeson
I am constantly aghast at how awfully people seem to dress here, especially the girls, it seems like either they dressed during a blackout or their mothers truly hate their offspring and said 'you look nice dear'. Few people have any sense of balance, cololur, fit and texture - all I see is such a mixmatch effort of a retard..

Half the young women dress so badly they would make a cheap prostitute in Thailand look like a refined lady and the other half look like they have hacked their way through their grannies' and mum's clothes from the 1980s while blindfolded.

Am I the only one who has noticed?

My wife and I actually have so much fun just watching people, its like free comedy and we get to have a good laugh..it just seems to be happening more and more often!:

Im sorry to be blunt but the british are hardly known for their style are they?

People in glass houses and all that....

Ive seen loads of girls where I live and work to be honest, walking around in the summer with their fannies all but hanging out.

Im sure that the camel toe and muffin tops are the in-thing with the young girls in the UK.

You cant miss them, some of these girls think that to split ones vagina in half with the tightest of jeans, or to have a large belly overhang over their trousers is the cool thing to do.

And what makes it worse, is the designer gear they wear to show off the above, as if it makes it any better.

The aussies might not have the fashion sense that some Brits might think they should but if we are going to slate them for it, then perhaps we should look a little closer to home.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:55 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
I take it nobody else who has posted so far is bothered about your use of the word retard.
I'm bothered, but I thought it spoke volumes about the OP that he chose to use the word so I didn't comment.

I personally think him and his wife have run out of things to say to each other and this is how they spend their evenings, laughing at the locals, because otherwise they'd be forced to look at their own inadequacies and face the horrid truth about themselves.

Last edited by iPom; Mar 26th 2007 at 8:03 am. Reason: Sperlin
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't give a toss what people wear. What really bugs me is people that think they are better than everyone else.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:59 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alexleeson
I am constantly aghast at how awfully people seem to dress here, especially the girls, it seems like either they dressed during a blackout or their mothers truly hate their offspring and said 'you look nice dear'. Few people have any sense of balance, cololur, fit and texture - all I see is such a mixmatch effort of a retard..

Half the young women dress so badly they would make a cheap prostitute in Thailand look like a refined lady and the other half look like they have hacked their way through their grannies' and mum's clothes from the 1980s while blindfolded.

Am I the only one who has noticed?

My wife and I actually have so much fun just watching people, its like free comedy and we get to have a good laugh..it just seems to be happening more and more often!:
I come from Kent, land of the gold jewelry and tracksuit so I haven't noticed any difference ... Anywho I'm sure they are getting some entertainment too so it's a fair exchange.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:15 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I wear designer clothes and I'm better than everyone else.

So there.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:17 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I wear designer clothes and I'm better than everyone else.

So there.
Yes but you are nobody unless you have a camel toe.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Yes but you are nobody unless you have a camel toe.

I have two
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Wherever you are, you can always see people that dress badly. Personally I don't care what others look like and as long as they are happy then thats all that matters.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:28 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

well i like to dress well , but in the UK your kinda expected to... you get judged on what you wear .

Not bothered really who wears what as long as its clean , although when someone wears something a bit " odd " its funny .

Then again you can spot the brit on hols , he's the one in white socks n sandels !!

If the op wants to have a go , check out the great Australian Mullet !

S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.