Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone ever failed a medical?

Wikiposts

has anyone ever failed a medical?

Old May 26th 2003, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Actually I worry a bit too as I get the odd pain in the chest...ooh..OK..nothing really! No, being serious, I do get the odd pain, take an Aspirin a day as is recommended for the middle-aged but still feel I'm on death's door sometimes with the heartburn.

Cheers - Don

Little twings are very common in the chest, lots of muscles & ligaments and of course the digestive area. Stress can bring on anxiety and tightness in the chest aswell, and the more you think about it the more your likely you feel the odd twings.

Have you thought of paying for a full medical check up? Plenty of private hospitals offer this service now.
Old May 26th 2003, 9:39 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I resolve here and now to get a checkup in June!

Cheers - Don
Old May 26th 2003, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Growler is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife had a problem with her medical, as there were some calcfications on her xray. However, they, and we in the UK, had it checked out, and it was dormant TB, and therefore, luckily nothing serious. The only thing is, they want my wife to report to medical people when we get there, so that they can verify she has the all clear, and if not, then they can treat her.

Luckiy for us, it will not stop us moving. however, the mere fact that there was something there, we went to casualty in the UK, and it turned out she had another infection, and that has now been cleared. Had we not gone to casualty, I would fear about going for another medical there, when we land.

Moral of the story? any doubts about anything, don't waste time, get it checked out ASAP.
Old May 26th 2003, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
I resolve here and now to get a checkup in June!

Cheers - Don
Good man

Don, how do you go about arranging the medicals? Is there a list of hospitals that Nz House approve of?

Old May 27th 2003, 4:59 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
Good man

Don, how do you go about arranging the medicals? Is there a list of hospitals that Nz House approve of?

Yep - link on the official NZIS website states approved Drs / Radiologists (usually the same guy for contact) country by country.

Cheers - Don
Old May 27th 2003, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Just returned from Medical & seemed OK - they will post the xrays & medicals forms back to us & we then forward them - he did not indicate that there was any problem so fingers crossed that we are OK.

We are still waiting for the police checks - hopefully will not be too long - what comes next? Do we just wait & hope now. How long before we know whether we have it or not?

Cheers

Pockygoes