Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just got back from Brisbane

Just got back from Brisbane

Old May 27th 2003, 8:13 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Just got back from Brisbane

Hi all,

Just got back from a 3 week trip to Brissy. I have to say, its just as lovely as last time I saw it, and just as appealing.
I made a point of looking at some houses and prices, and they are slightly higher than they were a couple of years ago on my last visit, but still just as affordable.
I also made a point of checking out the chocolate situation out there. I'm a chocolate lover, and the thought of not liking the chocolate out there made me worry. Who was it that said that the chocolate out there isn't as good as it is in the UK?? I dont agree - I saw HEAPS of cadbury's chocolate - even more varieties than we get here - and I tried most of them. It was all lovely!!
One night it got a bit chilly, and when going out for dinner I had to put on my fleecy over my tshirt and jeans. I asked my brother (who lives there) how much colder it gets....
He said - that's about it really. It doesnt get much colder than that - even in winter. Wow!
I also checked out the motorbike scene over there, and travelled some of the favourite bike routes in the area. Double WOW! Beautiful twisty roads through mountains and rainforests, dotted with lookout points where you can pull over and in complete uninterupted silence - look out over mountains, valleys, famland or the ocean.
I'm still taken with the idea of moving out there - who wouldnt be? Any questions, drop me a line.

W.
Old May 27th 2003, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just got back from Brisbane

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Hi all,

I also checked out the motorbike scene over there, and travelled some of the favourite bike routes in the area. Double WOW! Beautiful twisty roads through mountains and rainforests, dotted with lookout points where you can pull over and in complete uninterupted silence - look out over mountains, valleys, famland or the ocean.

W.
Hi,

I was surprised how relatively few bikes we saw out in Aus - saw a few Harleys on the Great Ocean Road but that was about it. Are you going to take your bike over if you go?

Nicola
Old May 27th 2003, 5:07 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Choc is better in Aus than in UK - more cocoa.

Cheers - Don
Old May 27th 2003, 5:10 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Hmmmmmm not sure i agree with you there Don I am not really a choccie fan but i found the choc in Oz too crumbly.

My favorites tho....

Cherry ripe
Mint Pattie
And the best of all....the Violet Crumble!
Old May 27th 2003, 5:32 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY

My favorites tho....

Cherry ripe
Mint Pattie
And the best of all....the Violet Crumble!

A man with excellent taste!
Violet crumbles are THE best
we had to bring some home in our suitcase!