Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone done it alone??

has anyone done it alone??

Old Jan 24th 2003, 7:08 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future
Default has anyone done it alone??

hi everyone,

im emmergrating to perth by myself and was wondering if theres anyone else out there who has also done this just by themselves. if so what can i expect?
Old Jan 24th 2003, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: has anyone done it alone??

Originally posted by denhim
hi everyone,

im emmergrating to perth by myself and was wondering if theres anyone else out there who has also done this just by themselves. if so what can i expect?

I went to Canada in 1964 alone would'nt do it today whole different world, there are piles of people on this Forum get to know as many as you can, then go see them while you are all still in England. what do you do for a living ?? and how old are you if I may ask? Great Adventure be carefull.
Old Jan 24th 2003, 11:07 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jeannie
I went to Canada in 1964 alone would'nt do it today whole different world, there are piles of people on this Forum get to know as many as you can, then go see them while you are all still in England. what do you do for a living ?? and how old are you if I may ask? Great Adventure be carefull.

im 25 and im a welder. i went to oz by myself last year but it was only for month and i made a couple of mates in the short time i was there who i stay in contact with.
Old Jan 25th 2003, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

im 25 and im a welder. i went to oz by myself last year but it was only for month and i made a couple of mates in the short time i was there who i stay in contact with.

Good , sounds better already go for it have a great adventure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 26th 2003, 8:11 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

At your age, I would do it by myself.

Even though my husband did have a job to come to and had travelled to the US on business several times, we did the whole move by ourselves. No help from anyone, not even financial help.

We moved to the US 4 years ago and looking back now, I do wonder how we did some of it. With 3 kids in tow, it was tough at times, but I wouldn't have it any other way now. It has definitely made us tougher people for the experience.
Old Jan 26th 2003, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

jiska is an unknown quantity at this point

If I was a man and alone I'd do it too good luck
Old Feb 1st 2003, 3:54 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Yes, I did it alone... kinda!

My dad was joining me later the next year, but I did come here alone. CT that is =)

Brit-World
Old Feb 8th 2003, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

We're going as a family so can't comment about going it alone but just wanted to say Go For It and have a ball!

Regards

Ginny
Old Feb 10th 2003, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ginny

'' say Go For It and have a ball!''

Regards

Ginny

I agree if you don't do it, it will come back to haunt you, you can alway's come back, plus you only have yourself to please, no wife or kid's to think about. So go for it.
GOOD LUCK
Sue
Old Feb 10th 2003, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

Yeah I 'migrated' alone to Brisbane, although I did have an Uncle who lived in Brisbane. He died last year.

I have a central core of mates in Oz, as I do in England and a whole bunch of others to say G'day to.

I've experienced things the like of which you'd never do in the UK ... i swam over three large nesting turtles, saw another laying eggs on a beach, had to deal with the odd snake that crosses my path, snorkled the barrier reef, had to maschetti my way out of the bush a time or two, photo-hunted crocodiles in a tin boat ... hey the list goes on.

Just tell yourself it's a two year working holiday and give it a go (funds permitting)

If you remain single as you get older in Oz then it can get tricky as your parent's generation ages. Some of my Aunts and Uncles have died, each time I return to Oz you wonder if I will see my parents again.
Old Feb 10th 2003, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

CrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud of

Im also going it alone. its scary but thats fun too. anyway i dont tend to listen to fear. its only there to keep you alive - so not really important then. ahem...

CrunchieFrog
Old Feb 11th 2003, 4:06 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone,

You will not be alone for long in Perth loads of you Middlesbrough Fans out here I am sure you will find some soul mates in no time I blame your ex-manager Mr Robson he gave you lot no hope.
Watched a realy poor program last night about Aussie bedroom behavour it was that bad I could not turn it off , but the worry was they asked Aussie girls their biggest turn off and Poms was mentioned have these girls got no class?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 11th 2003 at 4:25 am.
Old Feb 11th 2003, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

GundamWing is an unknown quantity at this point

Just want to know anyone going to Melbourne or Sydney. I'm also going Sydney alone