Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone been refused?

has anyone been refused?

Old May 10th 2004, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

little miss c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default has anyone been refused?

Does anyone know of anybody being refused a visa for any reason other than medical probs or failing a police check?

I just wondered, while I am waiting for a decision from ASPC, and worrying about anything and everything!
Old May 10th 2004, 3:15 pm
Top Banana

Mad as cheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anyone been refused?

Originally posted by little miss c
Does anyone know of anybody being refused a visa for any reason other than medical probs or failing a police check?

I just wondered, while I am waiting for a decision from ASPC, and worrying about anything and everything!

Hi Little Miss, I can't answer your question other than to say if you meet the pass mark and all your details etc are true and complete subject to med and pc's there's no reason why you should fail.

I notice that you're in Flackwell, were my son goes to school.

Julian
Old May 10th 2004, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Mad as cheese
Hi Little Miss, I can't answer your question other than to say if you meet the pass mark and all your details etc are true and complete subject to med and pc's there's no reason why you should fail.

I notice that you're in Flackwell, were my son goes to school.

Julian
My son used to go to Carrington, but started senior school last september, is this where you son goes or is it Juniper Hill?
Old May 10th 2004, 5:40 pm
Top Banana

Mad as cheese is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by little miss c
My son used to go to Carrington, but started senior school last september, is this where you son goes or is it Juniper Hill?

carrington pre school
Old May 10th 2004, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhh reminds me of fond memories... my mates went to Carrington Must have one last trip over the heath before we migrate. I used to work in Unit 4, years ago... is it still there?

Ooops, sorry to hijack!! Just have lots of fond memories of the place.

In answer to your question, I don't know anyone who has been refused, but I know someone who does Another poster asked a similar question lately and the mod said that most of the unlikely candidates are non-starters, since they are weeded out by migration agents etc. at the beginning of the process.
If you've been asked for meds etc. its unlikely that something is wrong with your actual application, but something could still crop up.

Last edited by Larissa; May 10th 2004 at 6:34 pm.
Old May 11th 2004, 12:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I got refused in the early 90's - I was gutted. But these were the days when I didn't have internet access to do adequate research for my application.

10 years later and after doing plenty of research at my employers expense I got my PR
Old May 11th 2004, 1:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth
I got refused in the early 90's - I was gutted. But these were the days when I didn't have internet access to do adequate research for my application.

10 years later and after doing plenty of research at my employers expense I got my PR
Did they see your Burberry hat and think you were dodgy?
Old May 11th 2004, 2:02 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Did they see your Burberry hat and think you were dodgy?
Mate, I WAS dodgy back then.

I'm clean cut and respectable these days though.

I didn't have enough experience to be considered "a professional in my field". The rejection letter was signed by a well known migration agent whose name crops up on this forum quite a lot. He was working at DIMA at the time.

I don't hold it against him of course, I was rejected fair and square.
Old May 11th 2004, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

We were the same Renth, we got the knock back 9 years ago due to Hubby not having enough experience in his field. This time I basically self taught myself all the screen printing jargon off the internet and wrote all the references ourselves (signed by employers of course).
Old May 11th 2004, 8:00 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by renth
The rejection letter was signed by a well known migration agent whose name crops up on this forum quite a lot. He was working at DIMA at the time.

I don't hold it against him of course, I was rejected fair and square.
Ummmmmmmmm

Not heard from him in a while renth......VERY strange...............

Have you built any patios recently renth?? [lol] :scared: :scared:

Phoenixuk2oz

Old May 11th 2004, 8:08 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Ummmmmmmmm

Not heard from him in a while renth......VERY strange...............
Have you built any patios recently renth?? [lol] :scared: :scared:
Phoenixuk2oz
He doesn't post on Expats but his name comes up from time to time.
Old May 11th 2004, 12:08 pm
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
just notised this thread,
We know some one.......... i did put a thead on here about it as was weird reason.
A bloke my hubby used to work with in the car trade (mechanic) has just been rejected last week, when we asked why he told every one that oz goverment are letting too many ppl in so that is why rejected......... dont think so !!!
We do know that he started his training alot later than school and 34, so might not have enough skills and also have had very bad depression in the past. Not sure if that would effect meds.
Feel really sorry for him as really nice guy.
Old May 11th 2004, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Larissa
Ahhhh reminds me of fond memories... my mates went to Carrington Must have one last trip over the heath before we migrate. I used to work in Unit 4, years ago... is it still there?

Ooops, sorry to hijack!! Just have lots of fond memories of the place.

In answer to your question, I don't know anyone who has been refused, but I know someone who does Another poster asked a similar question lately and the mod said that most of the unlikely candidates are non-starters, since they are weeded out by migration agents etc. at the beginning of the process.
If you've been asked for meds etc. its unlikely that something is wrong with your actual application, but something could still crop up.
Yes Unit 4 is still there, I have lived in Flackwell for 13 years, so didn't go to carrington, although I know a few people who did