Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone been to Geelong in victoria

has anyone been to Geelong in victoria

Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:15 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: has anyone been to Geelong in victoria

Originally Posted by Amanda5
Jo,
Youre as sad as me-we've both been on here all morning!

Its addictive!

Yeah how did you get tied up with this site Jo.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:23 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Amanda, we will have a race at 2.30pm, to see who can tidy the house first!

Bordy, Im sure you got me on to this site, so I blame you!! Well, Ive got to blame someone and the kids are at school, so cant blame them for a change!!!

Swapping between three threads at the moment, my computers going into meltdown!! So confused now who's said what to who and what about!

Need to lie down!!!

Jo
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda5 will become famous soon enoughAmanda5 will become famous soon enough

Jo,

I was on the phone to my hubbie-couldnt repeat your comment about the rush at 2.30pm-he would know my trick then! But how true!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda5 will become famous soon enoughAmanda5 will become famous soon enough

Bordy,

Are you in Aus,if so you are up very late or early!

Where are you?
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:54 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Amanda5, thought you'd desserted me and gone off to do housework! Cheat!!!

Jo
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all
Talking Re: has anyone been to Geelong in victoria

Originally Posted by Joanne
We're heading for Torquay, Victoria. Visited last year and just loved it. The beach is fantastic, the school is only 2 years old and seems really nice and we just loved everything about the place. Only half an hour to Geelong and 1 hour by train from Geelong to Melbourne. And the trains leave on time!!!!

We didnt want anywhere too big, as where we live now isnt huge and it had to be on the coast, Torquay was all of those things and did it for us.

If you want any more info, PM me and I will try and help.

Jo
thanks alot Jo

someone else recommended Torquay, the only thing that is putting us off is the weather. The school sounds promising though i have two daughters aged 5 and 8

speak soon G-man wife toni

Last edited by g-man; Apr 19th 2005 at 1:56 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:57 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by g-man
thanks alot someone else recommended Torquay, the only thing that is putting us off is the weather. The school sounds promising though i have two daughters aged 5 and 8

speak soon G-man wife toni

You think Melbournes weather is worse than you get now??? :scared:
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bordy
You think Melbournes weather is worse than you get now??? :scared:
i have been told it is much the same as england we could'nt belive it but a few different people have said it

toni
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:02 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by g-man
i have been told it is much the same as england we could'nt belive it but a few different people have said it

toni
WOW, well I take it your badly in need of rain as well just now.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

WOW, well I take it your badly in need of rain as well just now.
so the weather is'nt that bad then, and i should not let it put me off

toni
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I think what you tend to hear is that Melbournes' weather is cool - BUT that relative to the rest of Australia, not compared to England!

Having said that, I have just had my first summer here, and it plenty hot enough
There is much less rain that Sydney, and other parts of Aus - and you rarely get a day that is overcast all day.

Winter-wise - it is supposed to down to about 10 minimum - can you say that of England???

Put a search up for Bordys Great Analysis of Melbounes weather - he knows what he is talking about having been here for years (I've only been here for 4 months)

Hang on I'll look for it............

Cas

Last edited by carolinegorka; Apr 19th 2005 at 2:15 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:11 pm
The Godfather

Thanks Cas,

Toni, it all depends what you want. Queensland is lovely but can be like living in an oven over Summer.
Melbourne can get into the 40s but is usually followed by a cool change which is great.
If you like it more humid then go to Qld, if you prefer it mid 20s to 30s & hardly any humidity come to Melbourne.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Cas,

Toni, it all depends what you want. Queensland is lovely but can be like living in an oven over Summer.
Melbourne can get into the 40s but is usually followed by a cool change which is great.
If you like it more humid then go to Qld, if you prefer it mid 20s to 30s & hardly any humidity come to Melbourne.
Was that your thread or Badges'?
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:18 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Was that your thread or Badges'?

If its a sensible one it must be Badges.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

If its a sensible one it must be Badges.
Thought so

Here it is:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214958

Seriously Toni, Bordy has experience, and I'm getting it - so don't be put off from Melboune/Geelong because of the weather - or rather what you hear.
They are great cities, in a beautiful State and if you like beaches, and a stunning coastline...............
Have a look at my photos in the photoforum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.