Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anybody noticed?

Has anybody noticed?

Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:19 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anybody noticed?

here is just a thought.
Has anybody noticed how many brits are actually moving to other countries now. my friend is selling her house to go to spain and another friend is thinking of going too.
my friend with her house on the market had a viewer round the other day and they said that the last three houses they had viewed were from people going to live abroad.
why is this?
is it because people have just had enough trying to make it in a country which seems hellbent on destroying itself or because the world is a much smaller place now.
It makes you think what will happen in 20 years time after a lot of our generation have gone to other climes and the ilegals and all have had another 20 years of coming here.
i am not being racist so please don't bag me on this it is just an observation after hearing so many people leaving, either now or planning it for an few years time.

louise
Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anybody noticed?

Originally Posted by louise4
here is just a thought.
Has anybody noticed how many brits are actually moving to other countries now. my friend is selling her house to go to spain and another friend is thinking of going too.
my friend with her house on the market had a viewer round the other day and they said that the last three houses they had viewed were from people going to live abroad.
why is this?
is it because people have just had enough trying to make it in a country which seems hellbent on destroying itself or because the world is a much smaller place now.
It makes you think what will happen in 20 years time after a lot of our generation have gone to other climes and the ilegals and all have had another 20 years of coming here.
i am not being racist so please don't bag me on this it is just an observation after hearing so many people leaving, either now or planning it for an few years time.

louise
Lots of people leaving, lots of people moving in. How many brits go back though?. I think you will find quite a lot go back. Not everyone moving in is illegal, lots of skilled inward migration. pleanty of Eastern Europeans are coming over, most go back though. Plenty of South Africans moving over, most are highly skilled & motivated. As long as UK gets a lid on illegal immigration, then I don't see a problem.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:59 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I mean, in a few years there'll be nobody left and Britain will be a ghost-town ...

When we declared we were moving a bandwagon formed and most of our friends/family/random associates jumped on it, saying how they thought about moving too. Thinking and doing are very, very different things.

And, out of interest, who are the 'ilegals' (sic) going to Britain?

GG

here is just a thought.
why is this?

louise
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Hi louise i think you are partly right ,lots of people looking to move abroad,and GG is also right saying going to do it and really do it are two different thinks....
some people just wont move,a mate of mine has a job offer in NZ they will pay for flights,family move,dogs moved house contents, the lot.will he get of his arse and go,no way...always making some kind of excuse
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:09 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

the 'illegals' are the thousands who are draining our system dry.
no one mentioned ghost town. my point was, how different this country will be in 20 years. nothing stays the same, every thing we do has an impact, even if nobody left from now till doomsday and nobody came into the country it would still change. my point was, what impact us going and more nationalities coming would have.

louise
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:14 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Unlike the great British public who never cheat the system?!!! LOL, LOL, LOL!
Let's be right about what the system is, what's 'draining' it and how. I would be interested to know your definitions here. Terms of reference are easily thrown about and rarely defined. What or who are you meaning? You say 'us' going - who are 'us'? You're assuming a commonality or a collective. I would be curious to hear what you think a 'typical' British migrant to be.

As for more nationalities going to Britain - when has this not been the case?!

GG

no one mentioned ghost town. my point was, how different this country will be in 20 years. nothing stays the same, every thing we do has an impact, even if nobody left from now till doomsday and nobody came into the country it would still change. my point was, what impact us going and more nationalities coming would have.

louise
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

louise
I think the impact would be louise, that this country's british views and values will be lost for ever,i'm in my 40's and things have changed in my life time,people change,we move on and the more people who come into this country,they will bring their views and values in...
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:20 am
forever hopeful

with all due respect geordie george have you not looked at a newspaper or spoken to anybody recently on the influx of illegal immigrants entering this country. no race is perfect and again, no said they were.lots of british people cheat the 'system i.e you lay about and we keep you, but, although wrong a country of this stature could support that. what this country cannot support is the massive amount of pepole who, work illegally, paying no tax to this country, still draw benefits whilst waiting for visas and the like.
the 'british people' you ask about are those who have british blood throughout their family and only know a british background, surley you are not going to say that these people do not exist.

louise
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:23 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

here is just a thought.
Has anybody noticed how many brits are actually moving to other countries now.
I think it is also the case that as you are looking into it/going to do it yourself, that you take notice of others doing the same. For instant when we were trying for a baby, there just seemed to be pregnant ladies everywhere
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:24 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Britain's views and values are not singular - there's no one view or value. There are multiple. And that's not based on nationality - look at the politics in Britain.

Views and values incorporate and draw from a plethera of experiences and philosophies; not all of which are 'inherently' British - you only have to look at the impact of the European Union to see that. Britain has always been a melting pot. I'd love to know who is genuinely, uniquely British - uninfluenced by any outsider.

GG

Originally Posted by Steve2438
I think the impact would be louise, that this country's british views and values will be lost for ever,i'm in my 40's and things have changed in my life time,people change,we move on and the more people who come into this country,they will bring their views and values in...
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

with all due respect geordie george have you not looked at a newspaper or spoken to anybody recently on the influx of illegal immigrants entering this country. no race is perfect and again, no said they were.lots of british people cheat the 'system i.e you lay about and we keep you, but, although wrong a country of this stature could support that. what this country cannot support is the massive amount of pepole who, work illegally, paying no tax to this country, still draw benefits whilst waiting for visas and the like.
the 'british people' you ask about are those who have british blood throughout their family and only know a british background, surley you are not going to say that these people do not exist.

louise
louise who are the real "british" as far as i rember it from history this country has been shagged by every nation on earth and invaded by loads more,i myself am not a true "brit" in blood but have lived here all my life
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:26 am
Cup of tea, Father?

I left the UK just over six weeks ago; I'm hardly out of the loop!

Race now! Since when has Britain been a race?! It's an ethnicity! More Daily Mail readers - that's what's needed on this forum!

louise
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:28 am
forever hopeful

i read the the sun, what does that make me! lol
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:29 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Try a broadsheet - you'd know the difference between ethnicity and race at least.

i read the the sun, what does that make me! lol
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:31 am
forever hopeful

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.
obviously we have different views. i am not saying immigration has no place, indeed it brings change and views which is indeed a plus to any country. maybe we have different backgrounds, again that changes how we see things.

louise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.