Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

Wikiposts

Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:19 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

Originally Posted by J+J
Hi Laura,
We went to the expo and also found it very rewarding. Hubby an engineer and had an interview on Sunday (at expo). They appeared very interested and also talking about going in the new year ( but Perth). They were talking of a figure around $150,000. We cannot believe it.They offered reloction package as well. What company did your hubby speak to and what sort of engineer is he. I'm a nurse so found the expo of interest but if hubby really get's that much I won't be rushing for a job in nursing
Jo

Hi jo

I'll PM you.

DD AND SUE

Thanks, i'll check it out

laura
x
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice
Smile Re: Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

Hi Graham

We were there too and found it to be a bit of a let down. We were finished in 25 mins. We also asked the lady at the DIMIA stand about the TRA deeming date issue and she said someone else had just asked her the same question but she didn't know the answer!

Maybe the next Expo will be better!!!

Tina

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hiya

Just got back from the Oz Expo.

What a dissapointment

On the website they advertised that over 60 exhibitors would be there.

There were only 48 stands and if you are a nurse, or in engineering or mining there were one or two people to talk to.

A lot of agents were there including the 'The One That Cannot Be Named'.

DIMIA were there, but when I asked a question about TRA no lopnger issuing deeming date the woman I spoke to did'nt know they had!

We got there for around 11 and if it wasn't for meeting up with a few others we would'nt have been there for more than an hour and it would have been a totally wasted trip.

The 3 other couples had the same view.

Graham
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J+J
Hi Laura,
We went to the expo and also found it very rewarding. Hubby an engineer and had an interview on Sunday (at expo). They appeared very interested and also talking about going in the new year ( but Perth). They were talking of a figure around $150,000. We cannot believe it.They offered reloction package as well. What company did your hubby speak to and what sort of engineer is he. I'm a nurse so found the expo of interest but if hubby really get's that much I won't be rushing for a job in nursing
Jo
It was a good day for me on Sunday too. The guy from URS (a project manager from Qld) basically interviewed me for a Design Engineers job in Perth, a PM from Perth wants to phone interview me this week. They were very positive, they were talking about a package of $100k+ & relocation costs. 2 other outfits liked my CV & want to interview me over the phone. All in all a very productive day & I'm glad we went.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:27 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It was a good day for me on Sunday too. The guy from URS (a project manager from Qld) basically interviewed me for a Design Engineers job in Perth, a PM from Perth wants to phone interview me this week. They were very positive, they were talking about a package of $100k+ & relocation costs. 2 other outfits liked my CV & want to interview me over the phone. All in all a very productive day & I'm glad we went.
Glad it went well for you. Keep us posted on the interviews!!

D D
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:29 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Amazulu
Well done, big pat on the back for you, bet youre well chuffed.

If you dont mind, Please will you PM me as JC would love to talk to you re URS and youre interview, he is having it with the HR women and the HR manager on friday at wimbledon. I am also interested in what they offered for the relocation package aswell, as i am sat here dreaming about it........

speak soon

laura
x
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

amandat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amandat
Hi,

We went to the Expo. We were given 'mixed' views. The most positive was from an agent. We have more or less decided to go with him as he gave us most hope.

Who is 'the one that cannot be named'? and why can't he be.

PM me if you can't say in open forum.

If there was a dodgy one there we'd like to know before spending our money!

Thanks
Thanks to all who PM me about the agents it wasnt the group we were looking at, Which is cool.
Thanks again Amanda.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:53 am
Cheeky

Hi Laura!!

Sent you a pm and thanks for the reply!!

Wow, your feet are not gonna touch the ground!!!

You are sooo lucky!! It must be so exciting!!

It was lovely to meet you and jc and good luck you guys with everything!!!

If you say this a few times it should help........
OMG! OMG! OMG! (Got this from DD and it really does help!!!!!!LOL )

Lots of luck to you!!!!!

Cheeky x

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hi everyone,

had a brill time, thanks to everyone who meet up. you were all brill.

Sorry about those who couldnt turn up, hopefully we can meet
up soon....Sorry some of you never found it much use but......

We went to the expo on Sunday and it was brill, i found out lots of things for nursing and social work (as i am doing a joint degree) and Jc got snapped up by 3 companies wanting to interveiw him this week!!!!!!!

Cannot beleive it, as one company said that he was just what they were looking for and will pay for our visas, relocation etc, but will have to start job in new year!!!! Quick or what....

The job in in Sydney, so change of plan, but who cares!

Yes I had a very good weekend and i am bussin now thinking if he gets this job, i wont have to even go through all of this application with DIMIA, and i am sooo excited!!!!!

laura
x

Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:50 pm
Professional Princess

Whilst we were disappointed at the fact there were no catering recruiters and it was mainly nursing, I thought it was great to meet everyone.

My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves.

(Jonahs mummy, your little boy is lovely, )

I just wished we could have stayed longer.

That was the best bit about my day anyway - meeting everyone else.

Old Nov 1st 2004, 8:01 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

As an aside, news on DIMIA policy in the absence of TRA deeming dates is expected in the next week ...

Best regards.

Originally Posted by Bidd
Hi Graham

We were there too and found it to be a bit of a let down. We were finished in 25 mins. We also asked the lady at the DIMIA stand about the TRA deeming date issue and she said someone else had just asked her the same question but she didn't know the answer!

Maybe the next Expo will be better!!!

Tina
Old Nov 1st 2004, 9:34 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Whilst we were disappointed at the fact there were no catering recruiters and it was mainly nursing, I thought it was great to meet everyone.

My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves.

(Jonahs mummy, your little boy is lovely, )

I just wished we could have stayed longer.

That was the best bit about my day anyway - meeting everyone else.
Thankyou - Jo had a great time too. I think you are ALL lovely.
I need to speak with you about your cards too..... they are great & I need to see if I can get a quote from you for lots more...... let me know & I can let you have my home number so we can discuss further.
It would be great to keep in touch too!

C