Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has any used Montfort International,Financial Consultants???

Wikiposts

Has any used Montfort International,Financial Consultants???

Old May 26th 2004, 8:15 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Alan et al

To continue developing this area for arguments sake...

My main problem is that I have one very good company pension (10yrs) and two very small private pensions started then stopped with only a few hundred invested in each (about 6-18mths worth on each). I also may have a third that may start soon-new job but may have them paying into one of the previous small ones. Its just that I have progressed through a few different companies with better positions hence the messy pension arrangements.
If I wasn't emigrating it would be easy to sort but as I am this changes the perspective on things....or does it??

Can anyone add any more light on this?
Old May 26th 2004, 10:43 pm
Banned

jumbo will become famous soon enoughjumbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by GillettFamily
Thanks Alan et al

To continue developing this area for arguments sake...

My main problem is that I have one very good company pension (10yrs) and two very small private pensions started then stopped with only a few hundred invested in each (about 6-18mths worth on each). I also may have a third that may start soon-new job but may have them paying into one of the previous small ones. Its just that I have progressed through a few different companies with better positions hence the messy pension arrangements.
If I wasn't emigrating it would be easy to sort but as I am this changes the perspective on things....or does it??

Can anyone add any more light on this?
I plan to transfer my own pensions. But you will find that Super schemes have minimum transfer values. The lowest I have come across is $5000. So you would have to consolidate your small pension funds and possibly need to add to them (stakeholder?) to make up a minimum transfer value.
Old May 26th 2004, 10:49 pm
Banned

jumbo will become famous soon enoughjumbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pension transfers

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alan Collett
A further observation or two from me.

Leaving the above aside the key is to find a complying super fund in Australia that is prepared to receive your monies. If you can identify a suitable fund a pension transfer can be undertaken without professional assistance, but as with so many financial transactions for some it might be appropriate to engage a suitably competent person to assist.
For information my experience is that most Super funds that I have approached are complying and can effect transfers from the UK. However surprisingly, a few of the large ones do not offer the service.

Last edited by jumbo; May 26th 2004 at 10:51 pm.