Reload this Page >

Happy birthday Rooksie

Happy birthday Rooksie

Old Aug 17th 2005, 11:52 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Happy birthday Rooksie

Originally Posted by Bix
I've seen about 7 beaches up this way and IMO the beaches of Newquay knock spots off them. Glad I didn't move here just for beaches !

On the other hand I've seen a few down on the Gold Coast and they are at least on a par with Newquay and arguably better.

The big advantage Australia has though is the good weather and in that respect Newquay can't compete.

i was finding it hard to imagine beaches better than Newquay to be honest!! however, it absolutely lashed down all day saturday when we were there and we had to take refuge in the boozer
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
i was finding it hard to imagine beaches better than Newquay to be honest!! however, it absolutely lashed down all day saturday when we were there and we had to take refuge in the boozer
Aye.....I don't doubt it.
The weather can be such a damned let down and usually is.

Did you see any of the Australian lifeguards ?
They often spend a season on the Newquay beaches.

Actually some of my fondest memories are walking along the beaches in mid winter. August I think it was
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Aye.....I don't doubt it.
The weather can be such a damned let down and usually is.

Did you see any of the Australian lifeguards ?
They often spend a season on the Newquay beaches.

Actually some of my fondest memories are walking along the beaches in mid winter. August I think it was

Oh bugger missed that!!! we stayed at Headland Hotel on Fistral Beach - it was bloody amazing (we could only afford one night there!!). The wind was a killer - 1 step forward and 2 back (or maybe we were pished?? )
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bugger missed that!!! we stayed at Headland Hotel on Fistral Beach - it was bloody amazing (we could only afford one night there!!). The wind was a killer - 1 step forward and 2 back (or maybe we were pished?? )
I've stayed there once for a conference and the whole place shook with the wind.

Fistral is the beach that was on the world circuit for surfing. I think they held the finals there a few times.

Can be quite dangerous.
I know a few people who have been dumped on the beach when only knee high in the water.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
I've stayed there once for a conference and the whole place shook with the wind.

Fistral is the beach that was on the world circuit for surfing. I think they held the finals there a few times.

Can be quite dangerous.
I know a few people who have been dumped on the beach when only knee high in the water.
they dont mention that in the brochure!! :scared:

i wanted to go back with the kids but for a self-catering cottage for a week its £1,900 - get the f*** outta here!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:13 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

You could fly to Oz for that price!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Joanne
You could fly to Oz for that price!
Tell me!!! bloody ridiculous!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 4:30 pm
Professional Princess

thats exactly what my dad said this lunchtime - i could have thrown his beer all over him!!

Did you know Rooksie that when you get to 35 years old, you are allowed to deduct years from your life.

You and I will Never Ever be 40, Ive decided.

Old Aug 17th 2005, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Did you know Rooksie that when you get to 35 years old, you are allowed to deduct years from your life.

You and I will Never Ever be 40, Ive decided.
Oh thank God for that!!!