Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Happy 31st Blim!

Happy 31st Blim!

Old Nov 15th 2004, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Happy 31st Blim!

Corney I know, but just wanted to wish my hubby
Happy Birthday!

Normally we'd make a real fuss and have people over, but we've only been here a month and so are planning something a bit different!
When our 7 year old finishes school, we are driving up to Yanchep and we're having a 2 hour "twilight" camel ride, into the bush and along the beach for sunset. It's right up his street as he's a bit of a naturalist... I will let you know how we get on and try and post some pics!

If anyone has any other good birthday ideas, let us know. It's my 30th in January and I fancy doing something different, especially since that's the time when I'll probably miss my closest friends and family!

Also, have any of you lot celebrated in a different way to what you'd have done in the UK?
Old Nov 15th 2004, 1:31 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy 31st Blim!

Originally Posted by Larissa
Corney I know, but just wanted to wish my hubby
Happy Birthday!

Normally we'd make a real fuss and have people over, but we've only been here a month and so are planning something a bit different!
When our 7 year old finishes school, we are driving up to Yanchep and we're having a 2 hour "twilight" camel ride, into the bush and along the beach for sunset. It's right up his street as he's a bit of a naturalist... I will let you know how we get on and try and post some pics!

If anyone has any other good birthday ideas, let us know. It's my 30th in January and I fancy doing something different, especially since that's the time when I'll probably miss my closest friends and family!

Also, have any of you lot celebrated in a different way to what you'd have done in the UK?
Liking animals myself, that sounds like my kind of birthday!

Happy b'day mate! Have loads of fun!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:07 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday Blim!!

Larissa, what a great idea! Let us know how it was! Or I'll hear Wednesday
Haven't been to Yanchep NP for at least 15 years, so need to see that soon!

seeya,

Simone
Old Nov 15th 2004, 12:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Blim!! Hope it was a really good day!!!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 1:51 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday Blim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a fab day....enjoy your camel rides!!!!

Petra
Old Nov 15th 2004, 4:56 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

we're having a 2 hour "twilight" camel ride, into the bush and along the beach for sunset.
WOW! Sounds absolutely brilliant

I wonder who will enjoy the birthday treat the most??? Looking forward to the piccies - Have a great birthday Blim
Old Nov 16th 2004, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the birthday messages guys, I will pass them on soon!

Anyway, we had a fantastic time, it's such a good way to enjoy the gorgeous scenary around Yanchep. It might not be around that long if they keep building suburbs up that way!
We went with 2 guides, one a trainee, the other an older "Aussie Ranger" guy who was teaching her. Hubby went with our toddler on "Abdul", I went with our 7 year old on "Rhama". We set off at 4.30pm on the "twilight" ride, which is best for seeing animals. The lead camel "Zeta" (with the trainee) was pretty feisty and kept deciding to go off into the bush, which led to a highly amusing, slightly longer ride. The other camels would reach over and munch bushes etc. and it was quite bumpy, but a real laugh. We saw all sorts of native flora and fauna, including Kestrels, Wrens, Kangaroos, lovely native wildflowers etc. and the scenary varied quite a lot during our 2 1/2 hour ride. It was great to sit back and take in the smells of the wild herbs as the camels brushed past. A couple of times the camels decided to go right over a bush, or seemed to slide down a dune, which only added to the sense of adventure.

During the ride we went through the dunes and saw the sun setting over the sea as we rode along the beach. We were covered in flies by the end, but well covered up, so they weren't that much of a nuisance. Our toddler actually enjoyed swatting the flies and shouting "Go, go, go!" at them. The camels were lovely; we had a very affectionate one behind us, called "Isaac", who had the most fantastic eyelashes and kept wanting to be tickled.

I would definately recommend the ride, the kids enjoyed it immensely; I thought our toddler might get tetchy, but he enjoyed it so much that he was well behaved for the whole ride.

Now I'm feeling a bit sore from the ride, but I'll try to download some photos soon!

BTW If anyone else is interested, the website for the stables is www.stablesyanchep.com.au and email: [email protected]
Old Nov 16th 2004, 12:11 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the birthday messages guys, I will pass them on soon!

Anyway, we had a fantastic time, it's such a good way to enjoy the gorgeous scenary around Yanchep. It might not be around that long if they keep building suburbs up that way!
We went with 2 guides, one a trainee, the other an older "Aussie Ranger" guy who was teaching her. Hubby went with our toddler on "Abdul", I went with our 7 year old on "Rhama". We set off at 4.30pm on the "twilight" ride, which is best for seeing animals. The lead camel "Zeta" (with the trainee) was pretty feisty and kept deciding to go off into the bush, which led to a highly amusing, slightly longer ride. The other camels would reach over and munch bushes etc. and it was quite bumpy, but a real laugh. We saw all sorts of native flora and fauna, including Kestrels, Wrens, Kangaroos, lovely native wildflowers etc. and the scenary varied quite a lot during our 2 1/2 hour ride. It was great to sit back and take in the smells of the wild herbs as the camels brushed past. A couple of times the camels decided to go right over a bush, or seemed to slide down a dune, which only added to the sense of adventure.

During the ride we went through the dunes and saw the sun setting over the sea as we rode along the beach. We were covered in flies by the end, but well covered up, so they weren't that much of a nuisance. Our toddler actually enjoyed swatting the flies and shouting "Go, go, go!" at them. The camels were lovely; we had a very affectionate one behind us, called "Isaac", who had the most fantastic eyelashes and kept wanting to be tickled.

I would definately recommend the ride, the kids enjoyed it immensely; I thought our toddler might get tetchy, but he enjoyed it so much that he was well behaved for the whole ride.

Now I'm feeling a bit sore from the ride, but I'll try to download some photos soon!

BTW If anyone else is interested, the website for the stables is www.stablesyanchep.com.au and email: [email protected]
Sounds brilliant!

Glad you had a great time. It's experiences like that which I think are the essence of a new life there.......wonderful stuff......
Old Nov 16th 2004, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Having a complete nightmare trying to download my pics as my files are too large!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 2:01 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Having a complete nightmare trying to download my pics as my files are too large!
Ah yes, that is most annoying!

Instead of trying to make them smaller, make the quality of the pictures 'worse'.
Don't ask me how... I know how to in Photoshop, but that's about it...

WOW that Camel ride sounds absolutely brilliant!! Totally my thing!
Last time I was on a camel was year 7 camp in Kalgoorlie, and that was just going round in a circle..

Nearly went at the Wildlife park at Whiteman Park, but that was a short, boring one, I could tell, definetly not worth the money.

Will have to do this one with Pascal's parents around Xmas time.