Swan Gold
0%
Other
62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Hangovers - Mid strenth beer drinkers in Australia

Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:13 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hangovers - Mid strenth beer drinkers in Australia

As you may know, you drink mid strenth beer because you want to "Stay a little longer". So as not to be too hung over the next day. A lot of it tastes weak as piss but recently I tried XXXX Gold and I liked it.

Saturday night I had about 8 or 9 cans, it's only 3.5% but Sunday I had the hangover from hell, I'm still rough today and it's Monday. I think they must put chemicals in it.

Now to all beer drinkers in Australia, what's the best mid-strenth beer for not getting a hangover?

Last edited by renth; Feb 8th 2004 at 11:16 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:19 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hangovers - Mid strenth beer drinkers in Australia

Originally posted by renth
As you may know you drink mid strenth beer because you want to "Stay a little longer". So as not to be too hung over the next day. A lot of it tastes weak as piss but recently I tried XXXX Gold and I liked it.

Saturday night I had about 8 or 9 cans, it's only 3.5% but Sunday I had the hangover from hell, I'm still rough today and it's Monday. I think they must put chemicals in it.

Now to all beer drinkers in Australia, what's the best mid-strenth beer for not getting a hangover?

STOP RIGHT NOW

Mid strength

Go for the max. STELLA mmmmmmm...........

Sorry just dreamin of Stella my little French goddess..

Jack

PS Whats mid strength anyway?

Sounds like I might want to get pissed but cant make my mind up.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:20 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

As you may know, you drink mid strenth beer because you want to "Stay a little longer". So as not to be too hung over the next day. A lot of it tastes weak as piss but recently I tried XXXX Gold and I liked it.

Beer that does not make you Ginger
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:23 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jack Daws

A lot of blokes drink mid strength or light beer, there isn't the stigma attached to it that there might have been a few years ago
due to some clever marketing.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:26 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of blokes drink mid strength or light beer, there isn't the stigma attached to it that there might have been a few years ago
Hi Renth,

Is it like in the States where light means lo-cal or is it just weaker?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:27 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I drank plenty of squires amber ale on Saturday and no hangover. Not mid strength though. Cascade Premium light gets a good rating and that is not too bad.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:30 pm
(It's not my real name)

Hi Renth,

Is it like in the States where light means lo-cal or is it just weaker?
No, it's not light like Miller light, which is full strength but lo-cal (great taste, less filling!).

These mid strenth beers are all around 3.5%

Light in Australia always means low alcohol, usually under 3%

The closest thing in Oz to Miller Light is Carlton LJ - the beer of choice for those on Atkins as it is very low in carbs but 4.9%.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

STOP RIGHT NOW

Mid strength

Go for the max. STELLA mmmmmmm...........

Sorry just dreamin of Stella my little French goddess..

Jack

Sounds like I might want to get pissed but cant make my mind up.

Had a mixed bag of drinks yesterday - stella in the pub $6 a pint (yes you can get pints in Melbourne).

Then at home some VB and the Cascade Premium Light

Cascade is good to drink and about half the strength of "normal" beer. Costs about $28 for a case of 24.

I always thought Stella was from Belguim not France. I drank it all the time (well not all the time but you know what I mean) in England.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:32 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by bondipom
I drank plenty of squires amber ale on Saturday and no hangover. Not mid strength though. Cascade Premium light gets a good rating and that is not too bad.
Yes, I tried CPL & liked it, it's 2.7% & I bet it's "cleaner" than XXXX Gold.

I might have to do a scientific evaluation and drink 8 bottles next weekend to judge the difference.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:34 pm
Banned

Originally posted by NJFOZ
Had a mixed bag of drinks yesterday - stella in the pub $6 a pint (yes you can get pints in Melbourne).

Then at home some VB and the Cascade Premium Light

Cascade is good to drink and about half the strength of "normal" beer. Costs about $28 for a case of 24.

I always thought Stella was from Belguim not France. I drank it all the time (well not all the time but you know what I mean) in England.

Bitch told me she was French.

Just read the bottle in front of me. She' Belgium

Oh well

Cheers
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

I find cascade light amazingly tasty considering that it is a 'low strength' beer.

Also, even at 2.8, if you keep drinking you can get a pleasant buz, but you don't really get that drunk

Also, you can have a couple of bottles and still definately be below the limit.

Jay
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I tried CPL & liked it, it's 2.7% & I bet it's "cleaner" than XXXX Gold.

I might have to do a scientific evaluation and drink 8 bottles next weekend to judge the difference.

Forgot to add my sad story - I dropped a 6 pack of CPL on saturday, smashed 4 Thank God it wasn't full strength beer....
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:37 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by NJFOZ
Forgot to add my sad story - I dropped a 6 pack of CPL on saturday, smashed 4 Thank God it wasn't full strength beer....
That's the problem with stubbies/bottles. They're heavier too, and harder to get rid of - you can't crush them down for the recycling bag.

I was discussing this with a colleague, what's the deal with Aussies and their stubbies. Why do they nearly always favour them over tinnies?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:41 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

That's the problem with stubbies/bottles. They're heavier too, and harder to get rid of - you can't crush them down for the recycling bag.

I was discussing this with a colleague, what's the deal with Aussies and their stubbies. Why do they nearly always favour them over tinnies?
I find a stubbie stays cooler for longer and the tinnies add a taste when drunk straight from the can. The unit has a glass recycling facility but nothing for tinnies so
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:46 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by bondipom
I find a stubbie stays cooler for longer and the tinnies add a taste when drunk straight from the can. The unit has a glass recycling facility but nothing for tinnies so
Don't you have a recycling bag/bin, collected by the bin men?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.