hang gliding

Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:17 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default hang gliding

Hi does anyone know of any hang gliding clubs out near Sydney? I gave this up when we had kids but would like to start again.

I had a falcon 4 but needed a B bar
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Default Re: hang gliding

They do hang gliding near Narabeen on the Northern beaches and in Dee Why as I have seen them there lots but I don't know of a club. I am assuming they are there on the internet somewhere.

http://www.auda.org.au/pdf/new2lds-anca-att1.pdf

Last edited by hedgehog-girl; Apr 14th 2007 at 11:55 pm. Reason: added website
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:39 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
They do hang gliding near Narabeen on the Northern beaches and in Dee Why as I have seen them there lots but I don't know of a club. I am assuming they are there on the internet somewhere.

http://www.auda.org.au/pdf/new2lds-anca-att1.pdf
thanks for that will give it a go
Old Apr 15th 2007, 2:31 am
SAJ
Just Joined

SAJ is a name known to allSAJ is a name known to allSAJ is a name known to allSAJ is a name known to allSAJ is a name known to allSAJ is a name known to allSAJ is a name known to allSAJ is a name known to allSAJ is a name known to allSAJ is a name known to allSAJ is a name known to all

Hi,

If you ever fancy going a bit further afield for hang gliding, Manilla near Tamworth NSW is pretty good - in fact they recently held the world championships there.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:19 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAJ
Hi,

If you ever fancy going a bit further afield for hang gliding, Manilla near Tamworth NSW is pretty good - in fact they recently held the world championships there.
Hi there just been chattin to a mate who says STANWELL TOPS is classed as one of the best places in the world for hang gliding. Heaps of clubs there to join dont worry just fly....
rich
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:51 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi there just been chattin to a mate who says STANWELL TOPS is classed as one of the best places in the world for hang gliding. Heaps of clubs there to join dont worry just fly....
rich

I was going to suggest the same thing. We live not far from there and regularly go up to Bald Hill to watch them take off. One day I will build up the courage, but not yet
Old Apr 15th 2007, 3:10 pm

thanks for that, it has been a long while for me but it was great fun when I was younger, even though I am afraid of heights the exhilaration is such that the fear doesnt kick in

I had to do a parachute course in UK to be able to carry a deploying parachute but will be expired is it a requirement in Oz?

OH would rather I took up sailing as life insurance cheaper
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I was going to suggest the same thing. We live not far from there and regularly go up to Bald Hill to watch them take off. One day I will build up the courage, but not yet
Stanwell Park/Bald Hill - where I did my first solo soaring flights.

It was crowded back then in 1995, I imagine it still would be.

Inland, plenty of places. I went to Tumut for the Australian Paragliding Open competition, which was good.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:31 pm

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asher
thanks for that, it has been a long while for me but it was great fun when I was younger, even though I am afraid of heights the exhilaration is such that the fear doesnt kick in

I had to do a parachute course in UK to be able to carry a deploying parachute but will be expired is it a requirement in Oz?

OH would rather I took up sailing as life insurance cheaper
Hi Asher,

If you are having trouble hooking up with anyone in the HG community just let me know.
My wife and I have been involved fully in the competitive paragliding scene here since we moved from Ireland to Melbourne 5 years ago.
We share a lot of the same sites with the hangies and there is a lot of interaction between our communities so I can certainly hook you up with the right people if you need any help getting back into the scene.

Regards

Barney
www.barneyhenry.com
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:36 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

The also do quite a lot of hang gliding in Newcastle - off the clifss between Newcastle Main Beach and Merewether (just south of King Edward Park) - not sure if there is a club or anything but if conditions are right (I presume windy??!!) then there are sometimes dozens of people up there!

I'm been sky-diving before - but at least I wasn't pretending I knoew how to fly! I'll leave this sport to you......