Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HANDS UP if you live/been/stayed in Grafton

HANDS UP if you live/been/stayed in Grafton

Old Oct 11th 2008, 11:23 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default HANDS UP if you live/been/stayed in Grafton

Well what was it like?
Beaches any good is it red rock ? diggers camp?
houses look good and affordable
Any wispers of developments job opportunites?

Come on let me know what you thought/think??

TIA

Dougie
Old Oct 11th 2008, 11:44 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HANDS UP if you live/been/stayed in Grafton

If you mean Grafton in NSW it has not got any beaches as it is nowhere near the sea.

G
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
If you mean Grafton in NSW it has not got any beaches as it is nowhere near the sea.

G
Yes, but it can have plenty of waterfront properties when it floods!

WW
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:19 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat

WW
Underwater homes if the floods are any good.

G
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Underwater homes if the floods are any good.

G
It can give a full house clean a whole new meaning....

WW
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:24 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

G

Ok when i said beaches i meant the ones near the sea with sand and stuff on them, i know grafton is not on the coast but due to my calculations on the ever friendly Goole Earth they are only 40minutes away which suits us

WW

Does it flood here then? didnt think Australia had enough rain to fllod a puddle

Dougie
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:28 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
:
Does it flood here then? didnt think Australia had enough rain to fllod a puddle

Dougie

Grafton is in the area known as the Northern rivers.

The region gets quite serious floods at times.

Beautiful area but you really need to check out the work situation and consider if you really want to live in a country town.

G
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

WW

Dougie
Has happened occasionally....

http://www.clarence.nsw.gov.au/cmst/...lp.asp?cat=219

WW
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:36 pm
Swollen Member

Grafton is in the area known as the Northern rivers.

The region gets quite serious floods at times.

Beautiful area but you really need to check out the work situation and consider if you really want to live in a country town.

G
Destination unknown still for us i,m afraid

But just keeping a open mind and sounding a few people out if i canny find any info on the place,
But now my eyes have strayed south 90 minutes to Coffs Harbour ???
So off to find some post on this area now unless you lot know of and natural hazordous that should keep me from there aswell

Thanks

Dougie
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

But now my eyes have strayed south 90 minutes to Coffs Harbour ???
So off to find some post on this area now unless you lot know of and natural hazordous that should keep me from there aswell

Thanks

Dougie
Sharks

WW
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:47 pm
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Sharks

WW
Not a problem to me