Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Handed in my notice!

Handed in my notice!

Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of
Talking Handed in my notice!

I have handed in my notice! its all getting very final! My boss was a bit shocked - I hope it all goes smoothly now. My last day at work is the 10th August - move out flat on the 13th August then flight is on the evening of the 16th! Not sure what im going to do with myself in them 3 days between ending work and waiting to go as i wont have a car!
Had a result too -estate agent is going to have buy the car and take it from the 13th and the guy moving in is going to buy the sofa for £500 which is a bit annoying as I paid £1200 for it 2 years ago. But I thought it would be the easier thing to do!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:57 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Handed in my notice!

How exciting! Gosh im jealous can wait to do the same -but alas not til oct! have a safe trip & happy arrival!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

I cannot WAIT for the day I do that. Good luck with it all. Exciting stuff!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

its a good feeling , did mine on the 4th july , last day 30th july , then a month annual leave yeh
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:12 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

ooo im so jealous, i sooo cannot wait to hand in my notice...doing it on july 30 to end aug 30th...i'll happily pull some bar shifts from then til we get to go - i just cant face staying at my place of work any longer!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

stela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nice
Talking Re: Handed in my notice!

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
I have handed in my notice! its all getting very final! My boss was a bit shocked - I hope it all goes smoothly now. My last day at work is the 10th August - move out flat on the 13th August then flight is on the evening of the 16th! Not sure what im going to do with myself in them 3 days between ending work and waiting to go as i wont have a car!
Had a result too -estate agent is going to have buy the car and take it from the 13th and the guy moving in is going to buy the sofa for £500 which is a bit annoying as I paid £1200 for it 2 years ago. But I thought it would be the easier thing to do!

Hey! Have a safe trip girlie, bet your sooooooooo excited, all the best anyways

Stela x
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough

Hope it goes well and averythings fine !

I cant wait to hand mine in, but got to wait till the 31sy July ! ! ! :curse: Bugger !
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

I would love to hand mine in but we just don't have dates yet, need to sell the house first.

Good luck with it all.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 5:32 pm
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Whingin Pom
I would love to hand mine in but we just don't have dates yet, need to sell the house first.

Good luck with it all.
Good luck with it all - we head out on 26th August and we cannot wait!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:53 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Handed mine in yesterday, thought I would feel good, but my Line Manager has been seconded to do another job so the chap I handed it to was Acting Line Manager, he's only been in the chair a couple of weeks & he was a bit taken aback 'rabbit caught in the headlights' would be a good phrase, but not because I was leaving(after 27 years service!), but because he had never dealt with a resignation before & he didn't know how to handle the situation I have never resigned(or been booted!) from a job before so we were both at a loss of how to proceed i.e. leave days & holiday entitlement, so he just ended it with we will let you know!? Not the way I thought it would pan out!

Came out feeling sad & slightly worthless, I have always known it & never doubted it, but the reality of it hits you in these situations, that at the end of the day - you are just a number and will be replaced by another number, nothing will change because you are gone and things will chug along just as when you were there. Sorry a bit deep

Ending on a happy note, I did make them laugh because all the other managers(who all know I'm leaving) were in the other office accept my immediate manager, so I walked up to his empty chair & said 'You can stick your F****ing job up yer arse!" I've always wanted to say that!

Chris

Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

He he he Nice one Chris!!

Duncan handed his notice in too, his last day is 3rd August. Even though we still don't have a moving date yet

But we need to ship his tools out ready for when we get there, eventually!! If we get stuck for cash he can go driving on agency or something, we hope

Kerry
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:58 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kezzabird
He he he Nice one Chris!!

Duncan handed his notice in too, his last day is 3rd August. Even though we still don't have a moving date yet

But we need to ship his tools out ready for when we get there, eventually!! If we get stuck for cash he can go driving on agency or something, we hope

Kerry
Blimey, he hasn't got long till he leaves then! I leave on 24th August, can't believe I have done it.

When we first looked in to emigrating to Australia, my first thought was that I could never do it because I would never leave my job, we have a couple of sayings on the railway... "once a railwayman, always a railwayman!" & "a job for life" and I've always believed this, but now here I am jacking my job in!

I am moving out of my comfort zone & I don't mind saying this is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, especially when I haven't got a job to go to when we get there. What is making it worse is that people keep asking me, more & more just lately, "have you got a job to go to out there" & my answer is always "no" & then you get that 'frigging hell, are you stupid' look & it's always accompanied by the excessive raising of the eyebrows & the dropping of the jaw! It doesn't do my confidence any good, but, I do take a little comfort in knowing I am not the only one & hundreds of people go out without securing a job first

Chris

Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:56 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

I'm not getting the pleasure of handing in my notice, as I'm getting a transfer.

But saying that, onced I announced I was transfering a couple of months ago, one of the mangers has not spoken a single word to me! where as the other manager has been brilliant.

Good luck everyone, I leave my current rig on the 23rd August, we fly out the 27th and have a 4 day stopover in Singapore, then land in Perth on the 1st. We have still to agree a date to start my new position (and what a position it is, instead of being on an oil rig, I'm on a sandy beeched island. yay!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Handed mine in yesterday, thought I would feel good, but my Line Manager has been seconded to do another job so the chap I handed it to was Acting Line Manager, he's only been in the chair a couple of weeks & he was a bit taken aback 'rabbit caught in the headlights' would be a good phrase, but not because I was leaving(after 27 years service!), but because he had never dealt with a resignation before & he didn't know how to handle the situation I have never resigned(or been booted!) from a job before so we were both at a loss of how to proceed i.e. leave days & holiday entitlement, so he just ended it with we will let you know!? Not the way I thought it would pan out!

Came out feeling sad & slightly worthless, I have always known it & never doubted it, but the reality of it hits you in these situations, that at the end of the day - you are just a number and will be replaced by another number, nothing will change because you are gone and things will chug along just as when you were there. Sorry a bit deep

Ending on a happy note, I did make them laugh because all the other managers(who all know I'm leaving) were in the other office accept my immediate manager, so I walked up to his empty chair & said 'You can stick your F****ing job up yer arse!" I've always wanted to say that!

Chris

Well over the last few days they have started being 'funny' with me - not good. I have 3 weeks and 1 day to go but wish i could leave now!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

I'm looking forward to handing in my notice but I'm not sure when that will be, depends on when the house sells. I'm lucky that I only have to give at most 1 weeks notice. I can't imagine what it would be like having to work a month with everyone knowing you're about leave. If any funny stuff happens at least it'll only be a week for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.