Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

halls head, mandurah. advice please!

halls head, mandurah. advice please!

Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all
Default halls head, mandurah. advice please!

hi,
any advice or views on this area i.e jobs, schools, housing etc
cheers
Old Jun 21st 2012, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: halls head, mandurah. advice please!

Originally Posted by richie penn
hi,
cheers
None... Sorry
Old Jun 21st 2012, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice area. Close to beach, close to town. A reasonable amount of Brits. Jobs depend on what you do. Not certain on schools but I believe it has good ones. Nice houses which are affordable. Can help more if you are more specific
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by verystormy
Nice area. Close to beach, close to town. A reasonable amount of Brits. Jobs depend on what you do. Not certain on schools but I believe it has good ones. Nice houses which are affordable. Can help more if you are more specific
hi very stormy,
we are moving over end of august and staying with friends initially, we liked mandurah when we visited and will be looking into it when we get there, i'm a qualified plumber and tiler and the wife is a postie, we also have a 3 and half year old daughter.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

hi very stormy,
we are moving over end of august and staying with friends initially, we liked mandurah when we visited and will be looking into it when we get there, i'm a qualified plumber and tiler and the wife is a postie, we also have a 3 and half year old daughter.
I've been told that Rentals in the area are pretty hard to come by at the moment... I KNOW for sure that a little further north rentals are few and far between and rents have risen phenominally... Which area you actually settle in may well depend on where you can find a home...obviouslt if you're buying you will have more choice.

From where you live you can then find schools etc....

I like Mandurah, but have no burning desire to up sticks and move from shocko
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

So what's rockingham like?
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: halls head, mandurah. advice please!

hi,
cheers
Halls head is a great suburb (I live there!) Two different parts really, old and new with the obvious difference in housing, we love older houses but you may like the "out of the box look" average rental about 330 per week.

One high school a couple of primary schools in the suburb its self but the rest of Mandurah is relatively close and there are more than enough Government and semi private schools to choose from.

Jobs are quite limited in scope being a tourist town/city mainly services,age care services, entertainment, retail etc. A couple of mines about an hour or so away but many commute via train (45 mins to cental perth) and work in Perth.

Everyone is different but I love it
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

cheers bruce