Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Half cousin & Designated area....

Half cousin & Designated area....

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

John & Maggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Half cousin & Designated area....

My partner has a cousin in Victoria who is willing to sponsor us. We were recently told by an agency that as my partners mother and brother do not share the same father that she (the cousin) is ineligible to sponsor us. There appears to be no guidelines on this. Other categories state "step" "adoptive" etc as being ok but this category doesn't specify.

Can anyone clarify this or give a link to the info?

Thks
Old Jan 4th 2004, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Half cousin & Designated area....

Originally posted by John & Maggie
My partner has a cousin in Victoria who is willing to sponsor us. We were recently told by an agency that as my partners mother and brother do not share the same father that she (the cousin) is ineligible to sponsor us. There appears to be no guidelines on this. Other categories state "step" "adoptive" etc as being ok but this category doesn't specify.

Can anyone clarify this or give a link to the info?

Thks
Hi
Half sister is ok for sponser etc. Not sure about cousin, is it possible to go for half brother? Try agency Concept Australia. They checked we were eligible before taking our dosh.
Cheers
Philip
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

John & Maggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply although I am still non the wiser. Is there anyone out there that can advise if a cousin, with same grandmother although she is the daughter of a half brother to my mum (they have different fathers) is suitable as a designated area sponsor?
Many thanks