Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hairdressers in Queeensland, any advice?

Hairdressers in Queeensland, any advice?

Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

TheGreenz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Hairdressers in Queeensland, any advice?

Hi there, I was just after a bit of info from fellow hairdressers in the Qld area.
We are applying under my husbands trade (boilermaker) but I will be looking for a bit of part time work as a hairdresser, the only problem I have is after applying to City & Guilds for another copy of my certificates after mine being lost they are saying they have no record of me?!. Will I need my C&G to show a future employer ? I still have my course work so I guess I could use that as evidence. I have never needed to show them in this country as I have always been offered positions based on a trade test. I was also wondering about how the wholesalers work over there? Any info would be greatly appreciated and any websites for wholesalers in Qld would be great.
Thanks for your time

Rachel
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Default Re: Hairdressers in Queeensland, any advice?

Originally Posted by TheGreenz
Hi there, I was just after a bit of info from fellow hairdressers in the Qld area.
We are applying under my husbands trade (boilermaker) but I will be looking for a bit of part time work as a hairdresser, the only problem I have is after applying to City & Guilds for another copy of my certificates after mine being lost they are saying they have no record of me?!. Will I need my C&G to show a future employer ? I still have my course work so I guess I could use that as evidence. I have never needed to show them in this country as I have always been offered positions based on a trade test. I was also wondering about how the wholesalers work over there? Any info would be greatly appreciated and any websites for wholesalers in Qld would be great.
Thanks for your time

Rachel
Hi Rachel,

Im keen to hear your replies too!

Im also a qualified Hairdresser,we've got our 136 visa under my husbands trade because i'd had a break from hairdressing for a couple of years , but last year i went back to college on a refresher coarse and got an up two date C&G certificate in hairdressing the course was only a couple of months long, so that's possibly an idea for you, i just thought it was a good idea to have something up to date for myself to take with me.

We plan on going to the Sunshine coast this year when the house is sold, what about you???

Paula.