Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

haggle on price for swimming pool??

haggle on price for swimming pool??

Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice
Default haggle on price for swimming pool??

Hey all

Looking at pools and seeing a fibreglass full installed, ready to swim total around 20' for a 7m x 4m

They say oh... Special current deal pools.. And generally knock their list down by $1500 - $2000..

Anyone beat them down further than this?? I guess the would compete against each others quotes for the pool sale !!!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:38 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: haggle on price for swimming pool??

Originally Posted by stellaman
Hey all

Looking at pools and seeing a fibreglass full installed, ready to swim total around 20' for a 7m x 4m

They say oh... Special current deal pools.. And generally knock their list down by $1500 - $2000..

Anyone beat them down further than this?? I guess the would compete against each others quotes for the pool sale !!!
Oh god I was looking at the size and state of my garden, it is more than big enough for a pool - I wish I could afford one but I should imagine the landscaping and installation costs a fortune.

Old Aug 24th 2010, 10:01 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all

Its the fine print that they screw you over with regards to pools.

Variation order, different size crane, travel for soil removal....... add $5000
Old Aug 24th 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

haggle on the price of everything !!!

worst they can say is no
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian

Was thinking the same thing, excavation charges are rarely covered by the allowance in the contract Once they start to dig, its amazing how quickly the money you knocked off the pool will back on again.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Sheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura about

Our excavation came to double the allowance We then also had to re-landscape where the bob cat completely wrecked our lawn - was a nightmare at the time but worth it once you are swimming!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian

Screw that... add $5000, I wont have the money so they can rotate for it. budget will be $20k and thats it.. They do say the excavation is all included and a 35 m crane. It's their problem if they dont know the size of their own pools and know how much soil to dig out!!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Screw that... add $5000, I wont have the money so they can rotate for it. budget will be $20k and thats it.. They do say the excavation is all included and a 35 m crane. It's their problem if they dont know the size of their own pools and know how much soil to dig out!!
HxWxD

It's not rocket science surely.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:13 am
Just Joined

jedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nice

in terms of quotes.. haggle like crazy.. we got 1/3 off some of our quotes.. but ended up with the guy who quoted us that fair price in the first place.

all the standard contracts give room for extras... we excavated and had the steel reinforcement in when a terrible storm hit and the whole lot collapsed in .. took four blokes a week to clear it back out and box up... at cost to the pool builder it was another $7k... luckily he was a decent bloke and he'd made a point of saying he wouldnt charge us extras unless anything major happened so we split it. talking to some of the subbies 99% of builders would have stuck it to us and thats how they make their money
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jedly1
in terms of quotes.. haggle like crazy.. we got 1/3 off some of our quotes.. but ended up with the guy who quoted us that fair price in the first place.

all the standard contracts give room for extras... we excavated and had the steel reinforcement in when a terrible storm hit and the whole lot collapsed in .. took four blokes a week to clear it back out and box up... at cost to the pool builder it was another $7k... luckily he was a decent bloke and he'd made a point of saying he wouldnt charge us extras unless anything major happened so we split it. talking to some of the subbies 99% of builders would have stuck it to us and thats how they make their money
thanks, I will defo haggle and try to get the best deal.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Hey all

Most of the well known pool companies in WA are owned by Aquatic Leisure Technologies, so any "negotiating" within this group will be structured by them.
Digging of the hole price is based on free access and sand only. If there are any obstructions to access or the dig hits rock, the price will escalate.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a rough quote for a pool - $24,000 which is cheaper than I thought and I dont believe it either. Not that I can afford it but it would look very nice thank you in my garden, Mr PP said when we win the lottery, we shall have one put in.

Oh yes, they were saying on one of the websites that it adds value to your home but I have heard it doesnt - quite the opposite.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond

Digging of the hole price is based on free access and sand only. If there are any obstructions to access or the dig hits rock, the price will escalate.
Rocks, pipes, clay, tree roots...... $$$$$$

and if you dont pay the progress payment for that stage and sign the price increase they simply proceed no further with the pool.

Anyone getting a pool needs to Read the fine print, pool contracts are pretty standard and extra money can be claimed by the pool contractor under its clauses and additions.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Rocks, pipes, clay, tree roots...... $$$$$$

and if you dont pay the progress payment for that stage and sign the price increase they simply proceed no further with the pool.

Anyone getting a pool needs to Read the fine print, pool contracts are pretty standard and extra money can be claimed by the pool contractor under its clauses and additions.
Ok ta.. But progress payment?? I am talking about a fibreglass pool where they dig, crane and plumb it in on 1 day! Well they did that for my neighbors pool.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:37 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Ok ta.. But progress payment?? I am talking about a fibreglass pool where they dig, crane and plumb it in on 1 day! Well they did that for my neighbors pool.
Progress payment is for example 10% deposit, 25% a number weeks before they start digging, 25% the day before they start the actual dig, 30% before the pool is actually finished, and the last 10% when they hand over the finished pool.

This is purely an example, I cant remember how ours worked, but you pay about 90% by the time thay are half way through putting the pool in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.