Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Had a really bad day!

Had a really bad day!

Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:24 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Had a really bad day!

Hi all.
Need some support.

I don't know whats wrong but i have had a day feeling really low.
Not sure if its the whole emigrating thingy or if its just me.
I read the post about living life like its your last and felt really inspired but thats not the reality for me today.
I've had a really short temper(really did not feel like going out and getting wet tonight trick or treating!!!) but "hey ho" you have to do it for the kids!!!!

Is anyone else having these mood swings?
Yesterday I was high as a kite after visiting the SA Expo and finding out we could get sponsered!!!!
I'm exhausted with this.(but i won't give up on our dream)

Maybe I just need a beer!!!
xRachx
Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Had a really bad day!

It's normal, don't worry! It feels like a rollercoaster of emotions at times. Just before we came out, I had a low time, but I'm so glad we came. When I felt low, I just kept thinking of why we were coming and looking at photos from our holidays.

Rachel.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Hi all.
Need some support.

I read the post about living life like its your last and felt really inspired but thats not the reality for me today.
I've had a really short temper(really did not feel like going out and getting wet tonight trick or treating!!!) but "hey ho" you have to do it for the kids!!!!

Yesterday I was high as a kite after visiting the SA Expo and finding out we could get sponsered!!!!

xRachx
Hi Rach , I have said this so many times, you are going through probably the most stressfull time of your life, change of your life, move to the unknown. I have been through so much, divorce and other things, but i found emigrating really took it out of me, so many times i wanted to just give up, but my hubby kept me going. And now we are happily settled in Bunbury WA, and we love it, and im so glad we did it. You will be ok, but you have to just sit back and try and forget it sometimes, plan things with the kids, we did, took them to London, the theatre, lego land, london eye, just wanted them to experince things in their beloved country before they left. This will take your mind off things for a while, and time just flies, well it did for us. You will have good days and bad days, even when you get here, good luck, moan as much as you want ,we are good listeners, Denise
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

There isn't always a reason why we feel the way we do but know you are not the only one that goes through it, don't forget your 'me' time take care of yourself, Love Nicola
Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Had a really bad day!

I am having these mood swings too. We have our visas and just put house on market, now having days where I wish it was all done and dusted and we are there, other days, really low about the process and selling our lovely house, with the annoying thoughts that keep butting in 'are we doing the right thing' answered by 'of course - if don't get it done now will always regret it'.
The description of an emotional rollercoaster is spot on.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:08 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Hi all.
Need some support.

xRachx
Hey RachyPoooooossss...

I aint read the replies... so apologies for duplications

We were like this for 2 years !!

oops thats more depressin..

Erm, debs said I stink, and im crap in bed.. i said wtf has that gotta do with us migratin??

She said well ya dongle may dangle then !!! cheeky cow.

Cheer up, and if all else fails do as i do, think of smacking that fat cow JUDITH CHALMERS in the face !!! oh I really hate her pmsl

have a goodun Steve n Debs
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:15 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Had a really bad day!

[QUOTE=Timber Floor Au]Hey RachyPoooooossss...

I aint read the replies... so apologies for duplications

We were like this for 2 years !!

oops thats more depressin..

Erm, debs said I stink, and im crap in bed.. i said wtf has that gotta do with us migratin??

She said well ya dongle may dangle then !!! cheeky cow.

Cheer up, and if all else fails do as i do, think of smacking that fat cow JUDITH CHALMERS in the face !!! oh I really hate her pmsl

Thanks to everyone for your encouraging replies.

Feel much better today about everything - -mind you- - thats probably coz the kids have gone back to school!!!!

Right - -Aussie box out- - -lets get sorted!!!

xRachx
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:16 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

THATS the spirit.

Gungho and bollocks to daytime TV !!! lol

Go gettem !!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

There is good news and there is bad news, more good news and more bad news.

The good news is that we decided to try and emigrate about 4 months ago to try and get a better work life balance.

The bad news I was diagnosed 3 months ago with ME and have been of work since then.

The good news is last week I found out that I may not have ME at all but was having an allergic reaction to some medication I was taking. Yippee

The bad news is that it has affected my vision and I am my third pair of glasses in 8 days and I do not know if this is short or long term.

This is really starting to cheese me off as I am frightened it may affect our ability to migrate and work long term if I cannot get on top of it in the next few months.

In addition my skills application was rejected by the AIM 21 days ago and I have appealed and am watching the post and email on a daily basis to see if my appeal has been successful.

The final straw is it looks as if my wife’s skills application was posted 3 weeks ago and appears to have got lost including the bankers draft and we cannot claim on the insurance for another 5 weeks

i am beginning to think this is a conspiracy and yes I think you could say I am feeling very low at the moment.

But looking on the bright side there is always someone worse off then your self but at times like these it takes a while for it to sink in
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jonjon

The good news is that we decided to try and emigrate about 4 months ago to try and get a better work life balance.

The bad news I was diagnosed 3 months ago with ME and have been of work since then.

The good news is last week I found out that I may not have ME at all but was having an allergic reaction to some medication I was taking. Yippee

The bad news is that it has affected my vision and I am my third pair of glasses in 8 days and I do not know if this is short or long term.

This is really starting to cheese me off as I am frightened it may affect our ability to migrate and work long term if I cannot get on top of it in the next few months.

In addition my skills application was rejected by the AIM 21 days ago and I have appealed and am watching the post and email on a daily basis to see if my appeal has been successful.

The final straw is it looks as if my wife’s skills application was posted 3 weeks ago and appears to have got lost including the bankers draft and we cannot claim on the insurance for another 5 weeks

i am beginning to think this is a conspiracy and yes I think you could say I am feeling very low at the moment.

But looking on the bright side there is always someone worse off then your self but at times like these it takes a while for it to sink in

God thats awful, sorry to hear your suffering soo much and hope things get MUCH MUCH better for you.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitty4
I am having these mood swings too. We have our visas and just put house on market, now having days where I wish it was all done and dusted and we are there, other days, really low about the process and selling our lovely house, with the annoying thoughts that keep butting in 'are we doing the right thing' answered by 'of course - if don't get it done now will always regret it'.
The description of an emotional rollercoaster is spot on.
cheer up, it really is worth all the stress. Denise
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jonjon

There is always someone worse off than you, but i do feel for you having gone through much the same.
We had 3 visas fail, it was a real struggle, then i had problems with medical and had more test, i said to my husband, it is not meant to be, and we should be happy with our lives and get on with it, then everything just fell into place and here we are , nearly 12 months and loving it, never give up, it is worth it in the end, Denise