Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gympie area?Queensland/Sunshine Coast

Gympie area?Queensland/Sunshine Coast

Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

welshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud of
Default Gympie area?Queensland/Sunshine Coast

ive just been looking at my husband work website but in australia.
and there is job advertise on there for a service technician....Queensland/sunshine coast/gympie area...

just had a look at real estate website and prices of house look really cheap...so was woundering does anyone on here/or know someone who lives there or nearby?whats it like and schools?

thanks clare & dean
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:55 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gympie area?Queensland/Sunshine Coast

Cresta lives up near the Gump (Gympie) and my outlaws live there as well so I spend a few days a month up there. It doesnt have the best reputation but I dont think it is to bad really (i've been to plenty of worse places). It is a litttle inland from the coast so it is cheaper for that reason. Theres a big new shopping centre which has just been built and plenty of housing going up (we have a rental in town which is a little gold mine) seems to be a new estate opening everytime we go up.

As I say Cresta may jump in with his views when he sees this thread.

Originally Posted by welshtaffy
and there is job advertise on there for a service technician....Queensland/sunshine coast/gympie area...

just had a look at real estate website and prices of house look really cheap...so was woundering does anyone on here/or know someone who lives there or nearby?whats it like and schools?

thanks clare & dean
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Cresta lives up near the Gump (Gympie) and my outlaws live there as well so I spend a few days a month up there. It doesnt have the best reputation but I dont think it is to bad really (i've been to plenty of worse places). It is a litttle inland from the coast so it is cheaper for that reason. Theres a big new shopping centre which has just been built and plenty of housing going up (we have a rental in town which is a little gold mine) seems to be a new estate opening everytime we go up.

As I say Cresta may jump in with his views when he sees this thread.
I'd say it's very cheap cos Cresta lives there
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:41 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

thanks clare & dean
Hi guys,

You might want to try Ozwannabe who are just about to start their next adventure in Gympie. They have school age kids and have been checking out the area.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:19 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks clare & dean
Don't do it!!!!!!!

Ah well, if you must.......however, I would start work on nurturing that little growth on the side of your neck now!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

thanks clare & dean

I really like Gympie! in fact we're builing an investment house there on the southside. apparently you are a townie or a southsider which i believe is more country. Yes it has a bit of a reputation but its old hat now as its a thriving town with a lot of growth, only half an hour from the sunshine coast and the same to rainbow beach.

I don't live there but have a job at the private country hospital starting next week. The people are much friendlier in general i find than here on the coast. Personally i'd say come take a look around and get a feel for the place. I was only saying yesterday that i wouldn't mind living there in the future. The forcast is that house prices will go up dramatically in the next five years as people are forced out of the market here.(noosa/maroochy. I live in Doonan)

good luck
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

thanks clare & dean
Hiya, We've been living in Manly QLD for the last 2 years and now we're moving up to Gympie. The countryside reminds me of parts of Wales so feels a bit like home! It's definately growing and there are loads of new housing estates springing up all over the place. Its only 2 hours up the motorway from Brisbane, and under an hour to Rainbow Beach, Fraser Island, Tin Can Bay and Noosa. Its also on the train line from Brisbane but the trains are not very frequent! Everything shuts on Saturday afternoon which will take some getting used to but there is a small new shopping centre. Plenty of choice of schools - state and private.

You will also learn so many Gympie jokes you will be able to write a book!

Let me know if you need anymore info as we move on Monday so I'll be able to tell you first hand! But Cresta and Cresta's Conscience are your best bet. They've tried their hardest to talk us out of it but we're still going!!

Jo
Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:02 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
But Cresta and Cresta's Conscience are your best bet. They've tried their hardest to talk us out of it but we're still going!!
PRICELESS !!!!!