Gutted!!!!!!

Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gutted!!!!!!

I`ve just been reading through some prev threads about how much it has cost people to go through the stages to migrate.
Am I write in saying it`s cost some when useing an agent about £2-£3,000
from start to finish? If that is the case then I have got the wrong agent!
We are waiting to here from the TRA and it has probably cost us about £2,000 so far!
They`ve got all our paper work so I don`t suppose that we will be able to change and try another agent + would we have to start all over again?
Any advise?

Sue gutted 2
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gutted!!!!!!

Hi sue i know ive already sent you a pm but i thought i would send this thread to let other people know,we havent used an agent,we downloaded the documents off the internet ourselves, or should i say gary did,the TRA cost us £200 and the visa application cost £755,and just a couple of calls to the TRA in oz to answer some questions we didnt quite understand, i know this doesnt include the medicals and police checks but i m sure we ve still saved a lot of money.Hope this is of some help.Tracey.
Originally Posted by Sue2
I`ve just been reading through some prev threads about how much it has cost people to go through the stages to migrate.
We are waiting to here from the TRA and it has probably cost us about £2,000 so far!
They`ve got all our paper work so I don`t suppose that we will be able to change and try another agent + would we have to start all over again?
Any advise?

Sue gutted 2
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Curls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to all
Smile Re: Gutted!!!!!!

Any advise?

Sue gutted 2
I think you have gone through the most expensive stage of your application hopefully wont cost you much more.
I have sent you a P.M.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 10:36 pm
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Sue,
Don't be too hard on yourself.....when you get here you'll understand why
Best wishes,

Steve Bowes and The "Melbourne Helping hand"melhelp service
Old Aug 16th 2004, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

There's no 'right' or 'wrong' way to apply.

Whatever works I say. There's something to be said for paying an agent to take on the workload for you - if you were to value your own time in terms of GBP I bet it would cost you more than the agency fees to do your own TRA and applications....

Stress levels alone when you go 'DIY' are worth paying to avoid!

I (sucessfully) did it the DIY route but this does not mean I am better off for it.

At the end of the day it's the result that matters - not the route taken to get there. It will be worth it. - a price worth paying to make your adventure possible.

Good luck.

olive
Old Aug 17th 2004, 3:34 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Sue,

Have a look at the letter setting out the terms of your agent's appointment ... that should answer any questions you have about fees, termination of appointment, etc ...

Best regards.

Any advise?

Sue gutted 2
Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone and thanks for replies, I don`t feel as bad
Anyway I`ll have a look through agreement today.
We did go through an agent to avoid the stress and yes it has done that + yes your right it will be all worth while in the end.
"It will teach me to do my re search from now on"

Sue Skint 2
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:08 am
Banned

PINOYAU is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone and thanks for replies, I don`t feel as bad
Anyway I`ll have a look through agreement today.
We did go through an agent to avoid the stress and yes it has done that + yes your right it will be all worth while in the end.
"It will teach me to do my re search from now on"

Sue Skint 2
Shop around is usually sound advice. A single individual can expect to pay about $5500 all up for a skilled visa.
Every case is different, in some cases the skills application alone costs more than that.

If you used a Registered Migration Agent and you did not receive a Statement of Services before making a payment, then you are entitled to recover your payment.

Before starting work a Registered Migration Agent must give you an estimate of costs and if you ask for it must provide you with a copy of the Migration Agents Code of Conduct, which you can download from www.themara.com.au

I suggest you download the Code and read it.

Best wishes

Westly Rusell
Registered Migration Agent
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PINOYAU
Shop around is usually sound advice. A single individual can expect to pay about $5500 all up for a skilled visa.
Every case is different, in some cases the skills application alone costs more than that.

If you used a Registered Migration Agent and you did not receive a Statement of Services before making a payment, then you are entitled to recover your payment.

Before starting work a Registered Migration Agent must give you an estimate of costs and if you ask for it must provide you with a copy of the Migration Agents Code of Conduct, which you can download from www.themara.com.au

I suggest you download the Code and read it.

Best wishes

Westly Rusell
Registered Migration Agent
Hi thanks for info will have another look through bits from agent.
The agents that we are with are registered and have given a guide of how much things will cost.
What worried me that friends of ours have used the same agent in straight forward application and there final bill was £9.000+?
Just seems alot of money from what we both have been first told

Thanks again Sue2
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:21 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

The agents that we are with are registered and have given a guide of how much things will cost.
What worried me that friends of ours have used the same agent in straight forward application and there final bill was £9.000+?

Thanks again Sue2
£9000 ffs did that include flights
Thats shocking that is.....ours was $3500 and he worked his arse off for that
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I think ours was about £3000, but having said that it was a straight forward application, as I am a nurse. Probably could have done it ourselves only couldn't face the stress of it. I hope your application goes smoothly.

From Katie
Old Aug 25th 2004, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by biggy
£9000 ffs did that include flights
Thats shocking that is.....ours was $3500 and he worked his arse off for that

I`m going out with them this Saturday I`ll find out the total amount, but I am sure thats is just for the agent! us being with the same one we`re pooing our pants

Sue2
Old Aug 25th 2004, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KatieStar
I think ours was about £3000, but having said that it was a straight forward application, as I am a nurse. Probably could have done it ourselves only couldn't face the stress of it. I hope your application goes smoothly.

From Katie

Hi Katie

Thanks for post going to have a good chat with our agent and others as soon as we here from the tra "should be any day now"
I see your heading for Brissie what part are you thinking of?
Old Aug 25th 2004, 5:48 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again Sue2
9k pounds is so far over it is silly .....give Alan Collett on this forum a ring (check out his web site) and I am sure he will set you right for your personal circumstances/needs etc. For a second reference I also recommend George Lombard.

By the way this reference comes from someone who now knows how not to do it! We paid loads of dosh to a 'no visa no fee' bunch of tossers - we paid about 2K pounds before we knew we had no chance getting in because of medical reasons (partially deaf child).

Give Alan a ring...it might be worth a swop over before you go further?

PS ....no fees paid to Alan...just picked up bloody good advice from this site from him!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sandra
9k pounds is so far over it is silly .....give Alan Collett on this forum a ring (check out his web site) and I am sure he will set you right for your personal circumstances/needs etc. For a second reference I also recommend George Lombard.

By the way this reference comes from someone who now knows how not to do it! We paid loads of dosh to a 'no visa no fee' bunch of tossers - we paid about 2K pounds before we knew we had no chance getting in because of medical reasons (partially deaf child).

Give Alan a ring...it might be worth a swop over before you go further?

PS ....no fees paid to Alan...just picked up bloody good advice from this site from him!

Thanks Sandra and everyone for help and advise

Will call Alan and check out sites!

thanks Sue2 Puts my mind at rest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.