Gutted!!!

Old Mar 29th 2003, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Gutted!!!

Hi Guys

sold our house in 2 days back in early Feb, 2 weeks ago the lady came and measured up for curtains etc, told us she didn't want the pond or the fish, so got rid of fish to a friend, even spoke about the moving date everything ok, last wednesday we went to sign the contract, yesterday she pulled out!!!!!!! can't write what we said!!!!! everything is booked, one way flights removals, dog etc and we leave in 8 weeks time, so upset

not sure what to do next
feeling very glum
c-ya Yve
Old Mar 29th 2003, 7:36 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gutted!!!

Originally posted by abergas
Hi Guys

sold our house in 2 days back in early Feb, 2 weeks ago the lady came and measured up for curtains etc, told us she didn't want the pond or the fish, so got rid of fish to a friend, even spoke about the moving date everything ok, last wednesday we went to sign the contract, yesterday she pulled out!!!!!!! can't write what we said!!!!! everything is booked, one way flights removals, dog etc and we leave in 8 weeks time, so upset

not sure what to do next
feeling very glum
c-ya Yve
Check if this is not a ploy to get you to drop the price. Either way, sounds like you need to find some other interested parties to bid. If a ploy and no other bidders, scam back using a mate.
Old Mar 29th 2003, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

not sure what to do next
feeling very glum
c-ya Yve
Hey Abergas,

I,m so sorry to here this, the b######s this is what happens when you rely on folk, I hope they are just trying to have a go but in the end they will buy your house, fingers crossed,

We have sold ours too but will not do nothing about plans and arrangements until it is stitched up ... contracts etc,

I hope you get the good luck you deserve,

Cheers,
Old Mar 29th 2003, 7:54 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Hey Abergas,

I,m so sorry to here this, the b######s this is what happens when you rely on folk, I hope they are just trying to have a go but in the end they will buy your house, fingers crossed,

We have sold ours too but will not do nothing about plans and arrangements until it is stitched up ... contracts etc,

I hope you get the good luck you deserve,

Cheers,
In Australia the contracts are binding (excepting clauses of course). The clauses are subject to "finance", "pest inspection", "chain"...

Sorry to here this...hope it sorts out...don't let the cadgers win...
Old Mar 29th 2003, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Yve

Sorry to hear your news - thats what I call being kicked in the teeth!

That just sums up this country !

Hoping your luck changes very soon.

Terry

:scared: :scared:
Old Mar 29th 2003, 8:58 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy

Fingers crossed you'll get another buyer or she will change her mind. I can only imagine how gutted you must be.

Jo

Old Mar 29th 2003, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear, that's awful, I hope you recover it, otherwise get it back on the market asap, if it sold in 2 days then, it might again...

Poor you.
Mash...
Hi Guys

not sure what to do next
feeling very glum
c-ya Yve
Old Mar 29th 2003, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Amazonman is an unknown quantity at this point

terryg

With all respect I don't think one individual backing out of a sale on a house says very much for a country as a whole.

People like this exist in every country of the world, it doesn't make Britain worse than the rest.
Old Mar 29th 2003, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

makes me mad!!

But it also goes to show that the best thing to do is wait until contracts are exchanged before making any firm bookings for flights etc. The trouble is how long it takes for the house selling process takes to go through. If only it was much, much quicker people wouldn,t mess about so much and would make firm committment to the decision of buying someones house.

Yours is the nightmare scenario that we all dread happening. Please accept my best wishes to you all and I will say a little prayer for you and a good and positive outcome as soon as possible.

Chin up

Cheers BooBoo
Old Mar 29th 2003, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

abergas, you will probably sell before you go,but if you dont will you still go on the day youve planned, we are going in 8 weeks {one way tickets booked} and our house hasnt sold yet. we plan to leave it in the hands of family and solicitors. good luck with whatever you decide, heres to selling!!!!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2003, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Amazonman
terryg

With all respect I don't think one individual backing out of a sale on a house says very much for a country as a whole.

People like this exist in every country of the world, it doesn't make Britain worse than the rest.

It does say something about the law in this country.
It should be changed so that any offer becomes a binding contract like Australia and even Scotland.
Old Mar 29th 2003, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Know just how you feel, this has happened to us twice now, last time the day before exchange. Did she give a reason?

We go in 9 days time and haven't exchanged yet. Supposed to happen yesterday but didn't, keeping everything crossed for Monday, but who knows!

You need to think carefully whether you can leave the house with the esate agents to sell, or whether to come back. Find out if the sale can be salvaged by negotiating a price decrease. Gutting to do but if it gets you out of here in time it's worth it! If not get it back on the market asap and you never know it might sell again before you go and depending how advanced that sale is you can decide whether to come back or not.

Whatever you decide, good luck. I know it's depressing but just get cleaning and tidying again ready for viewings!!

Best of luck

Loopy
Old Mar 29th 2003, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have sold it once you will sell it again - who knows, the value may have gone up. Just go ahead as planned and have a good time - things always sort themselves out and they do say these things happen for a reason.

Old Mar 29th 2003, 9:03 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Hi Guys

not sure what to do next
feeling very glum
c-ya Yve

Can not imagine how you all feel. What a kick in the teeth. Good luck 2nd time around.
Old Mar 30th 2003, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear that, keep your fingers crossed and toes for extra luck.

Carrianne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.