Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Guess what i saw this morning

Guess what i saw this morning

Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future
Default Guess what i saw this morning

I was on my way to a job and a bloody big Deer ran across the road infront of me, I had to stop and double take. Yup it was a deer, the guy at the house i was working on said he used to get 6 - 10 in his back yard (bout 6 acres) he backs on to a reserve so plenty of bush there.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:49 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guess what i saw this morning

Next time, don't break.

Mmmmm, venison!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:03 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

When l went camping in the grampains in Victoria, got a shock when l got out of my tent in the morning and saw two enormous deer grazing right next to me, thought they were some sort of strange Kangaroos at first, don't expect to see them in OZ, but found out they run wild all over the Grampain mountains.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

ipom it would have been a bit ripe by the end of the day in the van .
nobody has ever said anything about deer, plenty about roo's, wombats & possums. Have you seen a frog-mouthed owl ? real hard to see looks like a dead branch
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nik04
ipom it would have been a bit ripe by the end of the day in the van .
nobody has ever said anything about deer, plenty about roo's, wombats & possums. Have you seen a frog-mouthed owl ? real hard to see looks like a dead branch
It's better if you can age it a bit.

There's an old deer farm just down the road here.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:44 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Next time, don't break.

Mmmmm, venison!

Sick !
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brisben
Sick !
Are you a vegetarian, Brisben?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

A dolphin?!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:10 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a vegetarian, Brisben?
No, But I don't TRY to kill animals.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:14 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nik04
I was on my way to a job and a bloody big Deer ran across the road infront of me, I had to stop and double take. Yup it was a deer, the guy at the house i was working on said he used to get 6 - 10 in his back yard (bout 6 acres) he backs on to a reserve so plenty of bush there.
Where we live, here in Surrey, 30 seconds from the M25, we often see deer in our garden. Have actually had them sniffing at the patio doors as we're watching TV! Who said they were shy animals?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brisben
No, But I don't TRY to kill animals.
LOL! Neither do I! You're taking me far too seriously.

Still, killing with one hit from a car isn't as cruel as a slaughter yard imo or battery farming. Now that's cruel...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Where we live, here in Surrey, 30 seconds from the M25, we often see deer in our garden. Have actually had them sniffing at the patio doors as we're watching TV! Who said they were shy animals?

Lovely, fluffy. We got them in Bucks a lot.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:26 am
Born to be wild....

LOL! Neither do I! You're taking me far too seriously.

Still, killing with one hit from a car isn't as cruel as a slaughter yard imo or battery farming. Now that's cruel...
I'll let you off this time..

Cruelty by bolt through the head, death by front of 4X4 .Regardless the end result is the same....
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
A dolphin?!

You're a dolphin?

THAT'S why you're so intelligent!

So, is the keyboard a problem when you type?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen a wild dolphin yet. I think I need my visa money back

Not seen a deer either. Bog standard kangas around here. Did have a deer in the backgarden in the UK a couple of times though, that was cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.