Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Guess what I got in the post today......

Guess what I got in the post today......

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guess what I got in the post today......

After circa 18mths start to finish (from start of getting documents together for skills assessment to now)............we just got back from the Australian High Commission in London our passports with the visas stuck in them with the magic words:

"permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely"

We have to "move" by November 2009, initial entry by Oct 2005 but hey we go on holiday 22nd March...........

This was skilled independent 136 sub class BN....no agent involved at all for a midwife.

Stories along the way:

My solicitor "mate" took ages to certify the documents 'cos he kept forgetting to bring them home......
The wife missed her medical appointment by 5 mins due to traffic and the doctor went home....so had to re-book it.....
One of my sons passports was issued with the wrong year of birth so I had to go up to London and wait 4 hours to get it re-issued....(and I got the kids passports after the visa grant letter....so another round of certifying passports copies)
When I sent the docs by DHL the tracking system was down and I had no way of knowing if the docs got to ASPC in Adelaide or not.....I phoned them 4 times during the middle of the night and every time they were closed despite the recorded messages saying they were open.......
I usually had to wait 3 or 4 days for my case officer to answer emails.....

Anyway..........it's ALL done now and the label is in all our passports so roll on the holiday.........

Apologies for anyone reading this still going through the mire.....lets hope it's all worth it.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:40 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Guess what I got in the post today......

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
After circa 18mths start to finish (from start of getting documents together for skills assessment to now)............we just got back from the Australian High Commission in London our passports with the visas stuck in them with the magic words:

We have to "move" by November 2009, initial entry by Oct 2005 but hey we go on holiday 22nd March...........

This was skilled independent 136 sub class BN....no agent involved at all for a midwife.

Stories along the way:

My solicitor "mate" took ages to certify the documents 'cos he kept forgetting to bring them home......
The wife missed her medical appointment by 5 mins due to traffic and the doctor went home....so had to re-book it.....
One of my sons passports was issued with the wrong year of birth so I had to go up to London and wait 4 hours to get it re-issued....(and I got the kids passports after the visa grant letter....so another round of certifying passports copies)
When I sent the docs by DHL the tracking system was down and I had no way of knowing if the docs got to ASPC in Adelaide or not.....I phoned them 4 times during the middle of the night and every time they were closed despite the recorded messages saying they were open.......

Anyway..........it's ALL done now and the label is in all our passports so roll on the holiday.........

Apologies for anyone reading this still going through the mire.....lets hope it's all worth it.
well done you...all the best qwith your new life...and have a great holiday
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

At long last........where are ya heading? And dont say Australia!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
At long last........where are ya heading? And dont say Australia!!!
Holidaying in Brisbane and Sydney.........emigrating to........God knows !

Probably will head to where the best jobs are for me (financial director, controller, etc) and my midwife/sonographer wife....

Any ideas where that is ?

(Now some smart alec will say......London)
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:05 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Congrats !!!
I am happy the ordeal has ended for you.

Is it possible to share your timeline ?

Badri
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badri
Congrats !!!
I am happy the ordeal has ended for you.

Is it possible to share your timeline ?

Badri
I haven't got all the dates logged, but the main application went end of April 2004.......medicals were requested and done in October, Visa letter granted November.

Hope it helps.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Many congratulations.

SS
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:46 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations!!

when do you hope to be out there permanently?

sue
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats!

Now do lots of drinking....
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
congratulations!!

when do you hope to be out there permanently?

sue
Hi

We hope to be out there before my eldest starts secondary school. He is 9 now and 10 in September, so in year 4 now.........2 1/2 years more in junior school in this country.

I need to explore what year he would go in if we were in Sydney or Brisbane.

His junior school is quite good (average all round reflecting the average families that send their kids there)......but it seems to go a bit pear shaped in this country in secondary schools these days.......no doubt same could be said for schools in Oz too ....
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Many congrats!

Now do lots of drinking....
Cheers....

bloody hell.....you've done a bit of posting haven't you.....1400+ since sept 2004 ???
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olibeneli

Stories along the way:

Great news all the very best

Sue