Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grub Family Update

Grub Family Update

Old Dec 18th 2002, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Grub Family Update

Well- case opened by London and they want more info (which apparently should have been supplied with initial appliaction (thanks agent which i am now legally bound not to slag off).
May never get there at this rate. Have sold house so wonger in bank and living with mum (nice!). May now go for a 457 visa which we apparently has to be submitted before Xmas so excellent relaxing few days coming up- NOT)
What can i say- anyone else got the elusive pass?

Missing you all

Grub
xxx
Old Dec 18th 2002, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Glad to hear that things are going OK! Hope it works out and you have a really fantastic christmas and an even better new year.

Take care and lots of cheer (and beer)!

Ginny and family
Old Dec 18th 2002, 9:47 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grub Family Update

Originally posted by Grub
Well- case opened by London and they want more info (which apparently should have been supplied with initial appliaction (thanks agent which i am now legally bound not to slag off).
May never get there at this rate. Have sold house so wonger in bank and living with mum (nice!). May now go for a 457 visa which we apparently has to be submitted before Xmas so excellent relaxing few days coming up- NOT)

Missing you all

Grub
xxx
Grub,
Great to see you back, this site hasn't been the same since you left work, PB's had it far too easy for a while! Hope you can get everything together in time, we've been through this too, it does seem easier to get the 457 to cover till the PR comes through. If you need any help just ask, through our mutual (phone a) friend!! Good luck
AL
Old Dec 18th 2002, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Grub, hope you stay on line.

What info required? Why need to go for 457 (just to get you there quicker, is it) or is PR dubious.

I felt sure you would have heard, so it is good to hear that at least things are being progressed but sounds fustrating. If you need any help and support, we are here for you.

Mash..

Missing you all

Grub
xxx

Last edited by mashiraz; Dec 18th 2002 at 11:05 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2002, 10:57 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Missing you all

Grub
xxx
What a shame even Australia has more sense than to let you in , I may have this country wrong?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 18th 2002 at 11:13 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2002, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Correction, MOST of us are here to support you!

Thanks PB

Originally posted by mashiraz
... If you need any help and support, we are here for you.

Mash..
Old Dec 18th 2002, 11:14 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mashiraz
Correction, MOST of us are here to support you!

Thanks PB
Do not count the Australians in on that they are up to their eyes in Poms,why do you think they are making so hard to get here,

Old Dec 19th 2002, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry there Grub,

Kinda going of track here but in answer to PB's last statement that Australia is making it harder for us 'POMS' to get in it's just cause they're trying to protect us from PB himself!!! They are trying to be gentle on us and that's why it's going so slowly!!!!!!

Just a thought, no offecnce PB.

Regards

Ginny

PS Does POMS refer to all Brits? (ie Scots as well??)
Old Dec 19th 2002, 11:15 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Ginny
Sorry there Grub,

Kinda going of track here but in answer to PB's last statement that Australia is making it harder for us 'POMS' to get in it's just cause they're trying to protect us from PB himself!!! They are trying to be gentle on us and that's why it's going so slowly!!!!!!

Regards

Ginny

The word Pom is an insult aimed towards the English but other Brits can get tared with the same brush , to right they should have kept me out bastards.

Old Dec 20th 2002, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Twofingersalute is an unknown quantity at this point

yep POMS-a very offensive statement refers to all British-actually aussies hate everyone but themselves because they are too stupid and ignorant to see how superior the Britsh people are to them-
actually POMS stands for: "prisoners of her majesty"-as usual the aussies have got it wrong yet again....

Originally posted

by Ginny

Sorry there Grub,

Regards

Ginny

Old Dec 20th 2002, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hmmm not sure I should say anything here, but doesn't POME stand for prisoner of Mother England???

love sophia xx
Old Dec 20th 2002, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

How the divil r u Sophia? Enjoying yourself?? in your new home (not that i am jealous- brrrrrr-I am freezing)