Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grrrrrr seriously pi%%ed off!

Wikiposts

Grrrrrr seriously pi%%ed off!

Old Oct 24th 2003, 6:43 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

That is the reason we put on the original memorandum of sale to the solicitors of both parties "there will be no further negotiation in the price" and this made the first two sets of buyers 'change their mind' within 3/4 days obviously that was what they intended to do.

The third set were just %%**'s however I am still keeping fingers crossed for this set as our buyers have told us that the FTB who is being slow and holding things up has actually paid cash to her to have some things done before he moves in that he wanted so surely he won't back out now.

So now you potential sellers PUT THAT CLAUSE IN THE MEMORANDUM OF SALE from the estate agents to the solicitors:lecture:
Old Oct 26th 2003, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Foggies update

Well, after the most stressful 24 hours of this process yet, our buyer has been "persuaded" that they should stick at the original agreed price. As we'd told them that their suggestion of a 7Kreduction solicited the response "Stick it where the SUN DON'T SHINE!" and the estate agent told them they had never come across anybody trying to reduce the price this much at this state of the proceedings, we think they got the message. We're now waiting for the call to say that the contracts have finally been exchanged.
Friends at our leaving bash were equally incensed so we don't think our buyer will get quite the welcome we had when we moved in!
Still, never mind as long as we seal the deal, we'll be happy and should be able to confirm our flights for next week.

Marc & Claire

Birsbane on the 9th Nov
Old Oct 26th 2003, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I am also getting really P?*^%d off as well. Our house in the UK has been up for sale since June and we have only had two viewers. The estate agents have now said that one of the two viewers did not like the large trees in the garden! I have today contacted another estate agent to see if they are any better.

I hope that we find a buyer soon.

Debs

Last edited by debsy; Oct 26th 2003 at 7:22 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point

Debsy,
We had to drop the price of our house by about 10 percent to achieve an offer so this further reduction was completely un-acceptable. We had no luck selling ours from April to July so we dropped the price a bit and said that we were open to offers. We then got 3 offers in the space of 2 weeks, all coming in at roughly the same price and went with the one that we thought was going to be the easiest.
We think that the housing market is just about at the top and that there's a limit to what people can afford to pay for properties (as so many people have said to us, it's only worth what someone will pay for it). Certainly we would not be able to afford the house we're selling, if we had to buy it at todays prices. It's a balance between selling it right or selling yourself short but we don't want to move to Australia with the house in the UK standing empty and eventually decided that to get on with our lives was more important than holding out for a few extra spondoolies.
Another estate agent might well be the answer but if someone wants to live in the area they will be driving up and down outside your house as they're looking.
Have you thought of saying your open to offers and see what happens? you might just get a bite and reel them in at the end of the day you can always turn offers down.
Good luck and hope you get sorted soon.
Marc & Claire
Old Oct 26th 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

thanks for the advice foggies.

Good luck
Debs
Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:39 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

4.30 pm got a phone call from my solicitors advisoing she had sent a release down the line for exchange and should be phoning me within the 20 mins that we had exchanged.

Phoned at 5.15 No the FTB (**%%*&S**) SOLICITORS STILL HAS NOT COMPLETED AND THEY WILL TRY THE 'RETURN' RELEASE PHONE CALLS FIRST THING TOMORROW?

This FTB still wanted completion on 30th Oct and is complaining aboutn6th Nov (if we waits another day I shall have to change the shippers dates and go on another week) I have told him this?
Old Oct 27th 2003, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by yafm
4.30 pm got a phone call from my solicitors advisoing she had sent a release down the line for exchange and should be phoning me within the 20 mins that we had exchanged.

Phoned at 5.15 No the FTB (**%%*&S**) SOLICITORS STILL HAS NOT COMPLETED AND THEY WILL TRY THE 'RETURN' RELEASE PHONE CALLS FIRST THING TOMORROW?

This FTB still wanted completion on 30th Oct and is complaining aboutn6th Nov (if we waits another day I shall have to change the shippers dates and go on another week) I have told him this?

Oh s&&& it doesn't sound good for you at the moment. No luck here either, we are supposed to exchange tomorrow but there is no chance of that happening. If it doesn't go through in a week we will be well and truely stuffed. We need to confirm our flights and we have had to co-ordinate a cruise in the US, accomodation in Disney, Car hire etc etc. What a complete pain in the butt! I am feeling sick thinking about it all.

The threats will have to start up again tomorrow. We wont be moving out before Xmas if they don't get their fingers out. Just to make it harder for them we will not leave and put ourselves out by staying with relatives for 3 weeks for them. If they can't be bothered with us why should we with them?
Old Oct 27th 2003, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Tina
Are you off to the Californian Adevnture? I have not been there yet, but I would love to go. I am hoping to get a trip in to WDW next summer before we go to Oz for good in September

Debs