Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grrrrrr seriously pi%%ed off!

Wikiposts

Grrrrrr seriously pi%%ed off!

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 8:04 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yafm
I didn't realise that was the reason I am going bald!!!! Roll on Friday at least we will perhaps know one way or the other whether the first time buyers at the start of our chain are *** %%%'S OR NOT.

Can't book the flights until we exchange and still have a 'possible' shipper date booked. :scared:
There was a thread a while ago about hair loss by the girls who are over there I assumed it was down to the increase in temp not the bloody stress of selling the houses
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 8:07 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cresta57
There was a thread a while ago about hair loss by the girls who are over there I assumed it was down to the increase in temp not the bloody stress of selling the houses
At least yours is only falling out dear mine's gone grey overnight I even shaved my beard off as it looked like I'd spilled a load of emulsion all over it
Sean
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:06 am
earlswood

Sorry to hear things are still rough on the house front

I'm sure things will come right

Enjoy the xmas lunch and look forward to seeing you on the other side.
Just think by the time Mat and Josh get together you'll be all settled and all the stress will be behind you

Anita

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

UPDATE

Sent a letter to our buyers which they received today- it did the trick- he rang me this evening to confirm everything.

Reckons he has spent all day on the phone chasing up the solicitor and quote ' wants to buy the house as much as we want to move out'. He has also accepted our completion date of 12th of Dec.

We hope exchange will go through next Tuesday, if not then by Friday at the latest. He is also not proceeding with the deed that he wanted drawn up regarding our driveway.

Helle bl**dy lluyah! I am feeling a lot more relaxed now as he was quite positive and the threat of us staying put until the New Year seems to have worked
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Tinaj

Originally posted by tinaj
UPDATE

Sent a letter to our buyers which they received today- it did the trick- he rang me this evening to confirm everything.

Reckons he has spent all day on the phone chasing up the solicitor and quote ' wants to buy the house as much as we want to move out'. He has also accepted our completion date of 12th of Dec.

We hope exchange will go through next Tuesday, if not then by Friday at the latest. He is also not proceeding with the deed that he wanted drawn up regarding our driveway.

Helle bl**dy lluyah! I am feeling a lot more relaxed now as he was quite positive and the threat of us staying put until the New Year seems to have worked
Thank goodness for that, at least now you can relax abit!
with best wishes
rach & family
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE

Fingers crossed Tina that it all works out next Tuesday.

footie chick
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

hooraay at last.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:06 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Well done Tinaj. Obviously, everyone keeping everthing crossed for you, worked. Must try this again with other problems people are having.
After me everyone, concentrate and Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Nahh!! Enough of that! Lets just have some of this!!
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 8:01 am
WBB

UPDATE

things seem to be coming together for you,
good luck.

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:33 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Well done Tina good luck wish we could do the same but our delay is caused by one further down the chain. Keeping fingers crossed for you and for us - for today - you never know?

PS still trying to read the camera book and make head nor tail of it
Old Oct 24th 2003, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Well, I just got off the phone to our buyer and they haven't had a decision back from their lenders yet as the structural engineer's report was only faxed to them yesterday ! A full 9 days after he visited us.
How long does it take to sell a bloody house in this country?
Although the report is 9 pages long and points out ALL the faults of a house that is 200 + years old it does end on a note that it is just "general maintenance" and the buyer seemed quite optimistic and said she would be pushing for a verdict on Monday if she hadn't heard by then. So we are now praying to the great god of moneylenders, even offered the daughter as a sacrifice but the wife will not let me even though it would make the flights cheaper
Old Oct 24th 2003, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Well, I just got off the phone to our buyer and they haven't had a decision back from their lenders yet as the structural engineer's report was only faxed to them yesterday ! A full 9 days after he visited us.
How long does it take to sell a bloody house in this country?
Although the report is 9 pages long and points out ALL the faults of a house that is 200 + years old it does end on a note that it is just "general maintenance" and the buyer seemed quite optimistic and said she would be pushing for a verdict on Monday if she hadn't heard by then. So we are now praying to the great god of moneylenders, even offered the daughter as a sacrifice but the wife will not let me even though it would make the flights cheaper
Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

fingers crossed for you Rossi !!

Hope it all works out.

footie chick
Old Oct 24th 2003, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

We don't believe it.........We've been going to exchange contracts for the past 2 weeks and have been strung along....and along....and along..FINALLY yesterday our solicitor says "Everything is looking good, as soon as they've got the copy of the mortgage offer on the table(they're faxing it through now) we'll be able to finally exchange"
Hurrah we thought, Claire left work yesterday, Marc has left today (although thankfully we both still have the option to return) because...YES, the b*#**#d buyers have announced today that as it's an old house and some work needs doing they want us to drop the price by 7K (that's a lot of AU$ as you all know!).
What was our response .................................................. ...............

there are not enough swear words and expletives to cover Marc's answer, bearing in mind that we're having our leaving party tomorrow, the packers come in on Wednesday and our flights are booked for the 6th Nov....are we over the proverbial barrel or what?????
All we can say is ***k 'em we are not going to drop the price!

Power to all sellers, Voodoo dolls on the way out if some of these buyers don't BUCK UP!

[email protected]

Now where's that gin?
Old Oct 24th 2003, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

Originally posted by Foggies
We don't believe it.........We've been going to exchange contracts for the past 2 weeks and have been strung along....and along....and along..FINALLY yesterday our solicitor says "Everything is looking good, as soon as they've got the copy of the mortgage offer on the table(they're faxing it through now) we'll be able to finally exchange"
Hurrah we thought, Claire left work yesterday, Marc has left today (although thankfully we both still have the option to return) because...YES, the b*#**#d buyers have announced today that as it's an old house and some work needs doing they want us to drop the price by 7K (that's a lot of AU$ as you all know!).
What was our response .................................................. ...............

there are not enough swear words and expletives to cover Marc's answer, bearing in mind that we're having our leaving party tomorrow, the packers come in on Wednesday and our flights are booked for the 6th Nov....are we over the proverbial barrel or what?????
All we can say is ***k 'em we are not going to drop the price!

Power to all sellers, Voodoo dolls on the way out if some of these buyers don't BUCK UP!

[email protected]

Foggies...good onya! they are only pushing thier luck because they know you need it sold...they will pay up if you stand your ground. They wouldnt go this far and back out over that amount of money.
Some people have no scruples...

I am sooo glad i never had to buy or sell a house in UK.. it is much more simple in NZ, and even more so for us as we have sold ours privately to our nextdoor neighbour. The whole deal was done signed and sorted in an hour and we get our hands on the dosh next Friday... i hope we are as lucky when we buy in Oz!!

Now where's that gin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.