Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grrrrrr seriously pi%%ed off!

Wikiposts

Grrrrrr seriously pi%%ed off!

Old Oct 16th 2003, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Grrrrrr seriously pi%%ed off!

Rang the Agents on Monday and asked them to contact the buyers to arrange the Exchange for early next week. We thought we had answered all of the questions etc and everything was sorted on our side. Then the Bombshell, they are now presenting us with a list of around 30 questions that are totally unrealistic to ask about a house. Even the name of the fitter of the central heating, date, certificate etc. Our solicitor said she has never seen such a ridiculous list like this before. Who the Hell do they think they are asking us these now- 7 weeks down the line!!

We have been waiting 7 weeks for this and NOW they are asking these stupid questions. To top it all off they want us to get a Deed drawn up with our neighbours regarding a shared driveway, at our expense! How long do they think that will take?!

My Hubby has rung the agents and has given him a flea in his ear. We will be spending Saturday tidying up the house again, we want viewings again on Sunday. Of course the agent is against us doing this, but we are not going to risk another 2 weeks being wasted by these idiots.

I am still praying it will happen and we are threatening them by saying if we don't exchange within a week we won't be able to vacate the house before Xmas ( we know they want to be in well before then) We haven't revealed our intentions of leaving in Jan as we don't want them pulling a fast one on the money at the last minute.

We have to confirm our flights by the 5th Nov so if it doesn't happen soon we will be devastated and back to square one.

Going away now to cry and drink and swear never to buy or sell a house in England again.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

We had the same trouble when selling our old place, just say your going to pull out, call their bluff, it worked for us.

Tazzy
Old Oct 16th 2003, 6:36 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grrrrrr seriously pi%%ed off!

Originally posted by tinaj
Rang the Agents on Monday and asked them to contact the buyers to arrange the Exchange for early next week. We thought we had answered all of the questions etc and everything was sorted on our side. Then the Bombshell, they are now presenting us with a list of around 30 questions that are totally unrealistic to ask about a house. Even the name of the fitter of the central heating, date, certificate etc. Our solicitor said she has never seen such a ridiculous list like this before. Who the Hell do they think they are asking us these now- 7 weeks down the line!!

We have been waiting 7 weeks for this and NOW they are asking these stupid questions. To top it all off they want us to get a Deed drawn up with our neighbours regarding a shared driveway, at our expense! How long do they think that will take?!

My Hubby has rung the agents and has given him a flea in his ear. We will be spending Saturday tidying up the house again, we want viewings again on Sunday. Of course the agent is against us doing this, but we are not going to risk another 2 weeks being wasted by these idiots.

I am still praying it will happen and we are threatening them by saying if we don't exchange within a week we won't be able to vacate the house before Xmas ( we know they want to be in well before then) We haven't revealed our intentions of leaving in Jan as we don't want them pulling a fast one on the money at the last minute.

We have to confirm our flights by the 5th Nov so if it doesn't happen soon we will be devastated and back to square one.

Going away now to cry and drink and swear never to buy or sell a house in England again.
I know just how you feel, Deb rings the estate agent twice daily now as they lie so much, Tuesday they said the lady dealing with our sale was on her rosta day off, Wed the same, today they tried it again and she blew back with "how many f****** days off a week does an estate agent get?" then explained that they had tried that excuse twice and they had better get it sorted directly or we would be changing agents. Hey presto phone call this afternoon to say contracts could be signed asap with a view to complete before the 27th the day we expected to fly
Old Oct 16th 2003, 6:38 am
WBB

Originally posted by Tazzy

We had the same trouble when selling our old place, just say your going to pull out, call their bluff, it worked for us.

Tazzy

yeah for sure, what a bunch of w*****s.

i hope i dont get this sort of thing when i come to sell

the next thing will be indemnity insurance to cover this list.

Old Oct 16th 2003, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

I think selling a house over there is awful I buy and sell houses. never heard anthing like what goes on there..:scared: :scared:
Old Oct 16th 2003, 6:48 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

ggggrrrrrr
hope you get it sorted Tina!
We still havn't exchanged either........
Old Oct 16th 2003, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Tina

I am so sorry i truly hope things work out for you all!! This is the sort of news everyone dreads.

Keep your chin up mate

Sending big hugs your way xxx

fc
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:01 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Dont's talk about indemnity insurance we have just handed out £240 big ones plus VAT to get one against the original builders from 1932 coming back and objecting to the garage which we built (with all the necessary council permits and agreements) 18 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again they had had the papers 6 weeks and asked for this yesterday (the day before the final exchange should have taken place) THEN they asked for the ORIGINAL Tree Preservation Orders on the 2 trees on our land. The fact that they have one and we told them is obviously not good enough for them and it will cost me £30 each for the orders which the council will not do over the counter - more delays.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there
we signed contracts for our house sale today only drawback was that we didnt get permission to fit a satellite dish from the house builders so we may have to pay for an indemnity insurance and could cost us about 50 quid. absolutely ridiculous our solicitor thinks its a bit silly shall know by 10 o clock tomorrow if its all go have to complete 24 oct.
headless chicken time now!

all the best

Juliet
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Well us too

Our first buyers kept us dangling around for 12 weeks...always promising to sign on Friday only Friday never came. Bypassed the agents and rang them direct and told them to stop pissing us around ! They dropped out the next day claiming a change of circumstances
Now our second lot of buyers are dead keen but they have used a financial advisor to get them the best deal and guess what? It is an american company lending the money who do all the paperwork before the survey, the surveyor admitted that he was scared of missing something and being sued so he has insisted on a structural engineers report.
He's been but the house is older than Australia and has got it's share of old age problems so we are now waiting to see if the yanks are gonna lend the money. Our agent has said if they had used a Bank or building society we'd have exchanged by now !!

This house buying/selling really needs sorting out
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

To Tinaj and everyone else waiting for their buyers to pull their fingers out,
nothing much to say except i sympathise but in a way im pleased that the ****s i work with aren't the only incompetent estate agents in the country. i hear so much bs every day to vendors/purchasers i am far too honest to work in an estate agents, won't to tell people not to buy/sell through us but its seems that they are all like it.
i hope that you all get your hassles sorted and soon
regards
rach
Old Oct 16th 2003, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I agree with Tazzy....you dont need all this crap... tell them they got one week to sign or you are pulling out due to interest from someone else...i wouldnt mind betting the dotted line is signed the same day!!!

Some people seem to thrive on making others lives miserable...
Old Oct 16th 2003, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

One thing everybody in the UK is going to find a total breeze is buying a house here (unless at auction which can be incredibly stressful as they are designed to push the price UP).

Qld find the house, offer should be presented by agent on contract, which vendor can counter sign if you have offered below the asking price (at the moment most are getting asking price or very close to it), generally here all carpets curtains oven dishwash are included. Once price is agreed you have 14 days to get building inspection and pest inspection and your finance sorted. Then its unconditional. Majority of contracts are 30 days in total.

Dont forget if you are getting finance, OZ offers fixed rate loans, does away with interest rate rise worries.

UK house buying system sounds mental, part of the problem seems to be chains which people here are reluctant to take on.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear things aren't going too well Tinaj. I am dying to hand my notice in at work - but won't until we get an exchange as I have had these last minute things crop up loads of times in the past. I am sure solicitors leave the file in a tray and only pick it up and actually look at it the day they are meant to exchange!

Fed up with estate agent's lies - I have taken to dropping in unexpectedly and demanding to see documentation to back up their claims, also they find it harder to lie face to face! Seems to be working so far. We are hoping to exchange by the end of the month - can't see it all going smoothly though, it never does!

Hope yours sorts itself out soon.

Dawn
Old Oct 16th 2003, 8:21 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

What a nightmare, hope things look up for you tomorrow and the days to come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.