Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Great White Shark Kills Boy

Great White Shark Kills Boy

Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great White Shark Kills Boy

and I don't mean Greg Norman...

Sea turned red after friend’s fatal shark attack

A teenage boy has told lifesavers the sea turned red after his 16-year-old friend was fatally attacked by a large shark while surfing at Ballina in northern NSW.

The boy, from Wollongbar, west of Ballina, died after being bitten on the legs and body while bodyboarding with his friend at Ballina’s popular Lighthouse Beach about 8am (AEST) today.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=66835
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Great White Shark Kills Boy

O my God thats terrible! See this is why I an terrified of the sea, too many deadly things lurking beneath!!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Poor boy - only 16. Feel so sorry for the parents.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:55 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

That's really awful - but doesn't the article suggest it may have been a bull shark?

I really feel for the boys family there's no good way to lose a child but this is a pretty horrifying way to go.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like it was a bull shark rather than a great white.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Sunny Devon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mairead
O my God thats terrible! See this is why I an terrified of the sea, too many deadly things lurking beneath!!
Totally agree it is terrible and frightening.But I think you should be more afraid of the way some australians drive,you have more chance off being killed on the roads than in the sea.Happy thought for the day
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sunny Devon
Totally agree it is terrible and frightening.But I think you should be more afraid of the way some australians drive,you have more chance off being killed on the roads than in the sea.Happy thought for the day
I think its the ozzies that will have to be scared of me on the roads !!!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Sunny Devon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mairead
I think its the ozzies that will have to be scared of me on the roads !!!
Totally agree AGAIN
Having spent 2 years driving in and out of Dublin
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sunny Devon
Totally agree AGAIN
Having spent 2 years driving in and out of Dublin
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:13 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

OMG thats awful.

Jx
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Yet the surfers will continue.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Top of point cartwright, nr kawana last week, I would swear there was a black fin kept coming up, brushed it off as a whale ( was walking, not in the water ) although it seemed a bit small for that, wondering now what it really was
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Top of point cartwright, nr kawana last week, I would swear there was a black fin kept coming up, brushed it off as a whale ( was walking, not in the water ) although it seemed a bit small for that, wondering now what it really was
Most likely a dolphin.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:04 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Some scary statistics here...

http://www.oesr.qld.gov.au/publicati...ea/index.shtml
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Most likely a dolphin.

Lovely dolphins. Actually I must be the only pom who has never seen a dolphin or koala in the wild. Most seem to have spotted them on the reccie I'm still waiting....

I did think it was a shark at the time, size and colour, and there were several schools of fish around, but thought I would look a right nutter if I reported a shark sighting. It was about 50 metres off the point too similar to the NSW one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.