Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Great result tonight (warning: off topic, any wazzock sandal-wearers)

Great result tonight (warning: off topic, any wazzock sandal-wearers)

Old Jul 30th 2003, 8:17 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Great result tonight (warning: off topic)

Great result tonight. My wife got a puncture, not so bad as it was the first either of us has had for about 10 years. Trouble was, she was about an hour away (also looking after little Don #2) and I had already put little Don #1 in bed. Plus no car seat for little Don #1 in my car. So how do I not appear a complete wussie to my wife when she asks for help changing the tyre (and I can't deliver)?

Rack the brains, ask my wife to contact an old mate of mine 'Frank' who is a brilliant handyman and Mr Fixit. Wife protests, says she'll get a taxi home. Don gently insists she at least try phoning Frank.

30 minutes later get the update call. Frank has arrived, changed the tyre, greatly impressed his passenger lady friend with his expertise (by the way, Frank is about 70, used to drive trains on the local Underground and after that was a plumber) and refused all payment (we'll sort that out later).

Wife home within 90 minutes or so, Don has got her favourite standby snack ready (sweetcorn on the cob) and whilst not a hero is at least not a wussie (for now!)

All without leaving the proximity of the fridge or TV! That's what I call a result.

Last edited by The Don; Jul 30th 2003 at 8:43 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 8:21 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great result tonight (warning: off topic, any wazzock sandal-wearers)

Don,

You would be a good poker player. You played the hand god gave you as best you could. Hope your amazing efforts were well recognised and appropriately rewarded.

Its so hard being a man, isn't it?
Old Jul 31st 2003, 12:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hope "plumber39" reads this one - he will be impressed! "Only a plumber" but saved the day....!!!
Old Jul 31st 2003, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Re: Great result tonight (warning: off topic)

Did you giver her a good seeing to so as to prove you're more of a man than Frank even though you couldn't rescue her in her hour of need you cad!

Old Jul 31st 2003, 5:49 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Did you giver her a good seeing to so as to prove you're more of a man than Frank even though you couldn't rescue her in her hour of need you cad!

Cad I might be but when the fridge calls the man can do nothing but obey! Yes I saw her when she came home - is this what you mean!!!
Old Aug 1st 2003, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

[! Yes I saw her when she came home - is this what you mean!!! [/QUOTE]

But of course.

The first love of my life (when I was 4) lives in Christchurch. Do you know him? name's Brian!

Old Aug 1st 2003, 10:08 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
[! Yes I saw her when she came home - is this what you mean!!!
But of course.

The first love of my life (when I was 4) lives in Christchurch. Do you know him? name's Brian!

[/QUOTE]

Hey - I know Brian. He's really successful now and owns a lovely home in Cashmere and owns several businesses. Gets to take his family on long holidays about 4 times a year.

But he always says there is somebody missing in his life..never knew what he meant. I wonder??
Old Aug 1st 2003, 3:48 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by southerner
But of course.

Hey - I know Brian. He's really successful now and owns a lovely home in Cashmere and owns several businesses. Gets to take his family on long holidays about 4 times a year.

But he always says there is somebody missing in his life..never knew what he meant. I wonder?? [/QUOTE]

Hey! I know Brian too then! He's the one with 3 Mercs and a big BMW for the school run. Always in the news because he keeps giving away all the spare cash he doesn't need!