Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Great Present Idea for Christmas Especially for those leaving the UK!!

Great Present Idea for Christmas Especially for those leaving the UK!!

Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:55 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great Present Idea for Christmas Especially for those leaving the UK!!

I have looked and looked all over to get a nice/different present for my Mum this Christmas with us leaving in January!! Couldnt find anything and was getting a bit peeed off, and then I found these!!

http://www.photobox.co.uk/widestatic/books.html

They are called Style Books, well took me nearly 5 hours:scared: to put it all together on Sunday, and did get a little frustrating at times BUT today it has turned up and it is brilliant, I am really pleased with it cost £19.99 which I thought was VERY reasonable and the finished article looks like it cost a lot more!!

Did make me cry reading it though this morning, as I wrote loads of personal messages in it to relate to the photos, and it all got a bit to much!!

Anyway I know she is going to be made up with it!!

Just thought would pass on the info incase anyone else in the same boat!!

Also interested if anyone else got any other ideas!! As still scouring for stuff for family that dont cost a bloody fortune!!!!!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:59 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great Present Idea for Christmas Especially for those leaving the UK!!

Originally Posted by toon williams
I have looked and looked all over to get a nice/different present for my Mum this Christmas with us leaving in January!! Couldnt find anything and was getting a bit peeed off, and then I found these!!

http://www.photobox.co.uk/widestatic/books.html

They are called Style Books, well took me nearly 5 hours:scared: to put it all together on Sunday, and did get a little frustrating at times BUT today it has turned up and it is brilliant, I am really pleased with it cost £19.99 which I thought was VERY reasonable and the finished article looks like it cost a lot more!!

Did make me cry reading it though this morning, as I wrote loads of personal messages in it to relate to the photos, and it all got a bit to much!!

Anyway I know she is going to be made up with it!!

Just thought would pass on the info incase anyone else in the same boat!!

Also interested if anyone else got any other ideas!! As still scouring for stuff for family that dont cost a bloody fortune!!!!!
it really is a lovely idea - but the way my mum feels about us going she will prob rip it up
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:02 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great Present Idea for Christmas Especially for those leaving the UK!!

Originally Posted by thewoodz
it really is a lovely idea - but the way my mum feels about us going she will prob rip it up
I like the idea. a cheaper option is to get the kids to do the same thing with a scrap book. Although mine wil probably glue their hands to their school trousers or something worse.....

Nice idea , I like it, although I do prefer quick presents. Just pay and you have it type of thing. Probably explains why most look dissapointed when they open my presents on Christmas day
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice.

I found a calendar company online and put in pics of the kids. It will arrive for Xmas for my parents.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Ditto

Simpy
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:58 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

I bet she wouldnt, the fact you had taken the time to put something together would surely melt any mothers heart!!! I know if would mine if my kids did it for me!!