Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Great Barrier Reef - day trips

Great Barrier Reef - day trips

Old Mar 31st 2004, 12:24 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great Barrier Reef - day trips

Has anyone been on the Sunlover trip to Arlington Reef?

I need a multi-purpose trip as I'm a wuss who likes to keep dry, Joseph will be doing his first ever snorkelling, and Jim would like to get a dive in. This trip caters for us all, but is it a good one?

Jane
Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:43 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody?
Old Mar 31st 2004, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all
Default Re: Great Barrier Reef - day trips

Hi Jane

We went on a Tusa all day dive when we were in Cairns. We looked at the sun lover trips but they were more money and there were a lot more people on board. Did get a good report back from someone in our apartments who used Sunlover though.

Jo x
Old Mar 31st 2004, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

sydneybound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Great Barrier Reef - day trips

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Has anyone been on the Sunlover trip to Arlington Reef?

I need a multi-purpose trip as I'm a wuss who likes to keep dry, Joseph will be doing his first ever snorkelling, and Jim would like to get a dive in. This trip caters for us all, but is it a good one?

Jane
Hello !!

I went on a day trip to Green Island from Cairns, it was awesome, we did it in a Sailing boat (cant remember who ran it) there were about 30 peope on board tho... We got out there on the engines (took an hour or so if i remember).

The boat moors just off the coast of the island on the reef, you can then snorkle / scuba on the reef for as long as you like. But if u fancy a bit of sun, there was a little boat then they periodically went from the main yacht to the green island (which is LOVELY), so you can do a mixture of sunbathing / walking / snorkling allll day long.

On the way back, the Sailing boat put up its sails and we let the wind take us home whilst eating cheese and drinking wine (supplied), fantastic & thoroughly recommended !!!

Rob
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:28 am
Born to be ignored

Thanks for the replies. I've booked the Sunlover trip as it seems the most suitable for all of us. They also cater well for vegetarians which is very rare here on land, never mind on a boat!

Jane