Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Great Australian Property Swindle

The Great Australian Property Swindle

Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Australian Property Swindle

Originally Posted by fish.01
Any of you guys convinced each other yet
Just that a certain poster is not nearly as clever as he would like everybody else to think he is
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fish.01
Any of you guys convinced each other yet
It seems there is some level of consensus but that some are more evil than others who hold the same view. Perhaps because of how they express that view or how long they have held it.

Last edited by Steve2009; Jan 25th 2011 at 3:24 am.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
It seems there is some level of consensus but that some are more evil than others who hold the same view. Perhaps because of how they express that view or how long they have held it.
Nail on head
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Just that a certain poster is not nearly as clever as he would like everybody else to think he is
Yeah that's right, I think I'm really "clever" because I have a different view than you, that's a nice angle to take by the way.

Don't forget the only person that has used the word clever is yourself. Unsure why, prob because you expect everybody else to to act in some sort manner so as to ensure that they come across like they are unsure of themselves or looking for some sort vindication.

I still haven't received any response from you stating why you don't think it is a lazy way to manage your money bu putting it all into a super scheme or into property and i don't expect I will.

Do you think you are clever, or do you consider yourself to be quite stupid, is it better to seem unsure of your opinion so as to please other people? )

Maybe you should come across as a middle of the road all round average good guy? - that should please the masses.

Last edited by Fluid36; Jan 25th 2011 at 3:42 am.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fluid36
Yeah that's right, I think I'm really "clever" because I have a different view than you, that's a nice angle to take by the way...

Do you think you are clever, or do you consider yourself to be quite stupid?

Maybe you should come across as a middle of the road all round average good guy? - that should please the masses.
Is that something I should strive for, or something you think I've already achieved?

If it's the latter, then thanks very much, I'll take that as a compliment, if it's the former, well I really can't be arsed trying to come across as anything.

I do try to avoid coming across as pompous know it all, that most people would struggle to avoid thumping, if engaged in a face to face conversation
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:39 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

... but the fact remains (and can you argue?) that if you are mindless and lazy with your investments then you will get burnt...
I never said you couldn't be lazy and make money

Hmmmmm
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

I agree that there is a way in which you can approach things to engender sympathy for your opinions, but where is the line between a statement of fact and a statement of an opinion held with conviction? I mean this as a general point because I believe Fluid36 has said he considers his own opinion fact so this is a moot (sp?) point.
In the respect of my opinion re super and property investment, yes I consider this to be true, (a fact - that is a grey area).

I never said that everything I say is a fact, which is what georgieboy is trying to say.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Hmmmmm
You could trip over a stick and fall into a puddle of money, there's always an exception so what is your point?

Last edited by Fluid36; Jan 25th 2011 at 3:51 am.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Is that something I should strive for, or something you think I've already achieved?

If it's the latter, then thanks very much, I'll take that as a compliment, if it's the former, well I really can't be arsed trying to come across as anything.

I do try to avoid coming across as pompous know it all, that most people would struggle to avoid thumping, if engaged in a face to face conversation
I still don't consider my comments previous to be pompous, you instilled the "expert" tag on me.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

By the way, this is quite enjoyable, despite the difference in opinion.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

If you interpret something as fact then that is your problem not mine. As you have said, people have to form their own opinions. I have expressed mine freely here.

Not to the mods actually, just generally pissing and moaning a la "leave Britney alone".
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689044
Oooh, I've got a stalker, but that's cool, I wrote that and I stand by it. At least I post about many other - unlike you. How many of your 960 posts have not been about property prices again?

Whenever I read your posts, I can't keep the Nelly Furtado song 'One trick pony' out of my head.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I rather be an "ego on legs" in the eyes of an insecure person than an insecure person who has trouble believing even what they themselves thinks or says in case it clashes with their ingrained and mindless mentality.
As I have stated on this thread, I am financially sorted and have nothing to be insecure about. You on the other hand, are very insecure with your constant need to tell us about your financial superiority and your need to talk down to everyone about it.

Last edited by Amazulu; Jan 25th 2011 at 4:16 am.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

That it is.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Like all of the people who have all their money invested in "super" and have had that wiped, in some cases by hundreds of thousands?
And that's why compulsory super is a bad thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.