Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grants for Adult learning......... Is there such a thing

Grants for Adult learning......... Is there such a thing

Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:46 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grants for Adult learning......... Is there such a thing

Me and the missus may want to do courses.
Me in doing a workplace assessors cert and
Clare doing a counsellor course.

Clare heard something and we wondered if this was true.

Any help will be great

thanks

Al and Clare
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:12 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grants for Adult learning......... Is there such a thing

Originally Posted by alkristensen

Any help will be great

thanks

Al and Clare
As far as I'm aware, if it is normal to pay for it yourself, unless you can
a)qualify for Austudy through Centrelink; or
b)get your work to pay for the tuition; or
c)pay for it and try and get it back as a tax rebate if it is legitimate work related expense in your current employment (further education for a change of job is not usually accepted).

Last edited by The Bloke; Jan 28th 2007 at 4:24 am.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Any help will be great

thanks

Al and Clare
Here is a link for accredited courses through the australian counselling association. Its important that she gets the right course to become registered, so she can practice...there are courses which do not allow affiliation into the correct body eventually.

http://www.theaca.net.au/docs/ACA_Approved_Courses.pdf

you just reminded me. give them a ring direct/email them and they will be able to tell you if there are any rebates...some courses do, but tend to be aimed at masters students.

a couple of masters students I know got about $1k back through the type of course they were studying.

Last edited by CathnPaul; Jan 28th 2007 at 7:12 am.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:02 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Here is a link for accredited courses through the australian counselling association. Its important that she gets the right course to become registered, so she can practice...there are courses which do not allow affiliation into the correct body eventually.

you just reminded me. give them a ring direct/email them and they will be able to tell you if there are any rebates...some courses do, but tend to be aimed at masters students.

a couple of masters students I know got about $1k back through the type of course they were studying.
cheers guys we are just lookin into it at the mo as we are going to sydney to have fun, then after 6 months we may try brisbane for 6 months before we decide on buying somewhere we want to be.

So we want to keep options open for now untiul we settle.

Just doing a little research now and tought we may have saved a little cash for MORE FUN!!!!

al.x

Last edited by alkristensen; Jan 28th 2007 at 12:48 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by CathnPaul

Thanks for that! Lots of info there!

Do you know off the top of your head please what time of the year these courses start please or if they are weekly monthly termly starters or whatever.

This will have a big impact on what we do if the courses all start in jan/feb as to how long we have to decide whether to stay in NSW or go to QLD.

cheers

al and clare

Al
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that! Lots of info there!

Do you know off the top of your head please what time of the year these courses start please or if they are weekly monthly termly starters or whatever.

This will have a big impact on what we do if the courses all start in jan/feb as to how long we have to decide whether to stay in NSW or go to QLD.

cheers

al and clare

Al
They can start either, some start 2nd quarter of a yr etc and run for short term, others take a full yr and start Jan/Feb... best contacting them direct to find out when their start dates are and how long, some uni's will post out details to you.