grand tour

Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:44 pm
parent

greynomad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default grand tour

I did a big tour last year, alone age 62 in a 4wd campervan - Cairns to kakadu, Darwin,Kimberley, Broome, Karinjini, Bungles, Tamami to Alice, all the
red centre sights, Coobar Pedy, Oodanatta track, Flinders, Murray Valley,Adelaide an then round the coast all the way back to Cairns. Absolutely fabulous. The experience of a lifetime.for a UK based pom. If you are thinking similar and want any advice let me know.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: grand tour

Originally Posted by greynomad
I did a big tour last year, alone age 62 in a 4wd campervan - Cairns to kakadu, Darwin,Kimberley, Broome, Karinjini, Bungles, Tamami to Alice, all the
red centre sights, Coobar Pedy, Oodanatta track, Flinders, Murray Valley,Adelaide an then round the coast all the way back to Cairns. Absolutely fabulous. The experience of a lifetime.for a UK based pom. If you are thinking similar and want any advice let me know.

Wow, that sounds great. Bet you had a great time

Tracey
Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:54 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Good for you I couldn't see me doing that on my own, I'm really impressed. Wish I had half your guts. Perhaps I might do it with my husband when we retire, so I'll be looking you up in 20 years time for the advice.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Wow! really admire you, my husband and I were out with a friends last night and we were discussing the fact that if were ever accepted to oz we would love to travel around before getting back into jobs and real life. However with three young sons I guess it would be hard work and they probably wouldn't appreciate it. I can hear them already are we there yet!'. How long did your tour take?
Pioneer
Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pioneer
Wow! really admire you, my husband and I were out with a friends last night and we were discussing the fact that if were ever accepted to oz we would love to travel around before getting back into jobs and real life. However with three young sons I guess it would be hard work and they probably wouldn't appreciate it. I can hear them already are we there yet!'. How long did your tour take?
Pioneer

I think you'd be surprised. If you made a few stops on the way I'm sure your boys would love it.

I would love to hire a camper van and drive from Adelaide up to Brisbane but I'm not that brave to do it on my own with 2 kids . Besides, my sense of direction is that bad I'd end up in Alice Springs :scared:

I once went to Butlins on my own with the kids and my daughter who was 10 at the time directed me (with the help of the map of course ) . I don't think I'd have got there otherwise

Tracey