Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Grand National

The Grand National

Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:47 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Grand National

The Grand National - loads better than that boring old Melbourne Cup is on Saturday, does anyone know if they show it on the telly in australia?
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:48 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Grand National

Originally Posted by renth
The Grand National - loads better than that boring old Melbourne Cup is on Saturday, does anyone know if they show it on the telly in australia?
Never ever seen it since I came to Aus. Think you will need to listen to it via BBC internet site.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 6:42 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Think they might be showing it on the net at the racing post site so I have been told.

I also have been looking for it on TV but have had no luck.

Guess it will be another early morning in front of the monitor again with a or two!!!!

Anybody got any tips for the big race?

Your right too.......the best horse race in the world.

TT

Last edited by TrickyTree; Apr 8th 2005 at 6:49 am.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 6:59 am
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Get on Forest Gunner and Clan Royal.

Back both eachway. Reason being is it's a bit of a lottery so always pick a couple of nags, and always back them easy way.

Karma please!

www.mtv120.com
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:12 am
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Don't blame me if neither of them come in the top five!

But if they do, I expect a schooner!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:19 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Bollocks all coverage in australia. Can't even put at bet on at s-tab (dont know about the others). I thought it might be on sky channel as I didnt have it last year so i checked what racing is on saturday night and it's all bloody ben hur chariot racing
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:30 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Was just on my way to the TAB to do my yearly bet (which has now become twice yearly with the Melbourne cup)

I cant find it on any of the Foxtel channels either, it just wont be the same, it is a family tradition to have a a late lunch and watch the National.

Looks like we will be infront of the computer mmm doesn't that make a change for most of us

Just done a sweepstake in the Hostel, and around some of the local shops, none of them knew what the hell I was talking about, bloody uneducated Aussies

Kala
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:13 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: The Grand National

I always put my money on a horse whose name is relevant to me at the time. I won £50 on a horse called Little Driver while I was learning to drive. So here are my suggestions:

Bindaree (Aussie name)
L'Aventure
Just in debt ("Just" probably doesnt fit though)
Nil Desperandum
Strong Resolve

and surely the most appropriate of the lot:

It Takes Time
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:19 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Not sure if you know but the start of the Grand national has been moved back to 4.10 pm. This is to because of Charlie and Camllas wedding, which had to be postponed for the Pope's funeral!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:59 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I had Bindaree last year I think, didnt do anything...
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:53 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I cant believe this, I went to the TAB today and could find no mention of the NAtional so asked at the counter, the girl didn't know what I was talking about so called the manager over, on asking him he and his mate promptly laughed at me and all the POM jokes started flowing, after they had picked themselves up off the floor from laughing at there really original jokes the manager phoned head office.

This is what I was told
TAB do not take bets on the Grand National, so I asked him if there were anyother companies in WA who might be interesting in helping me keep up a tradition to which he gave me details of a place (name escapes me now) in ALICE SPRINGS

So if I want to place a bet on the National in Australia the closest place I can pop to is Alice Springs.

And I am trying to log onto SKY BET to do a bet in the UK and I cant, I have a login from last year but if I click on login it does nothing.

Honestly I am not a massive Gambler with a problem or anything but I really do need to know how I can place a bet on the National

Anyone???????????//
Kala
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:07 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I cant believe this, I went to the TAB today and could find no mention of the NAtional so asked at the counter, the girl didn't know what I was talking about so called the manager over, on asking him he and his mate promptly laughed at me and all the POM jokes started flowing, after they had picked themselves up off the floor from laughing at there really original jokes the manager phoned head office.

This is what I was told
TAB do not take bets on the Grand National, so I asked him if there were anyother companies in WA who might be interesting in helping me keep up a tradition to which he gave me details of a place (name escapes me now) in ALICE SPRINGS

So if I want to place a bet on the National in Australia the closest place I can pop to is Alice Springs.

And I am trying to log onto SKY BET to do a bet in the UK and I cant, I have a login from last year but if I click on login it does nothing.

Honestly I am not a massive Gambler with a problem or anything but I really do need to know how I can place a bet on the National
Anyone???????????//
Kala
There are more on-line betting websites in the UK than there are horse races. Try 888.com, bet365.com or bluesq.com (they are the ones I remember seeing on hoardings at football matches) or type "bet" into google.co.uk and you will get loads
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:16 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

This site compares loads of online betting agents.

http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/m...37x/sid/916637

Good Luck
A.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

If you register with an online bookie for the first time u should get a free 10-20 quid bet depending on which you choose.Of course you have to first have wager first to claim it.

I use coral.co.uk

there is sportingodds.com and ladbrokes.com and many others.

Check as many out as possible to see which offer the best free bets, most will have some sort of grand national special

Originally Posted by JayDeee

This is what I was told

Anyone???????????//
Kala
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

gingerlion is an unknown quantity at this point

I put 2 pounds on Heros Collogne

Got it at 220/1 a week ago on betfair. Its down to 25/1 at some bookies now, fingers crossed.

Clan Royal will be one with a serious chance.. unlucky last time, good national horse.

Just got to try find somewhere to watch it (in Pai, North Thailand)..could be a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.