Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

GOT IT - well sort of

GOT IT - well sort of

Old Dec 17th 2003, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GOT IT - well sort of

Received a phone call from my husband prospective employers, agent, who rang to say th DIMIA have accepted me husband and I. but not the kids. Yippee. .
We were originally told that for four year temporary the kids may not need medicals. wrong . so our visa's are being processed but the children will only get theirs when the medicals arrive at DIMIA. so the appointment has been made for January .

so basically we are in .

All we have to do is sell the house, which if it is up to the kids will be impossible, we got the first viewers for 9 weeks last week. when asked if the neighbours were ok the kids churped up." what about the psycho next door but one, and the other one further up. needless to say when the viewers left I hit the roof.

Steph
very , very happy

Please some one buy my house
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I had to help my sister sell her house a couple of years ago as she was getting nowhere.
The first thing I got rid of was the KIDS
either too a friend or a neighbour or even better to the cinema for a couple of hours.

Result one sold house.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on your news Stefian.
Have to agree with SJ about kids, made sure our daughter was well out of the way for our viewing and even when the buyers came for a second look! At 5 shes just too unpredictable and though we're not hiding anything its too risky!
GOOD LUCK
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:19 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOT IT - well sort of

Originally posted by stefian
Received a phone call from my husband prospective employers, agent, who rang to say th DIMIA have accepted me husband and I. but not the kids. Yippee. .
We were originally told that for four year temporary the kids may not need medicals. wrong . so our visa's are being processed but the children will only get theirs when the medicals arrive at DIMIA. so the appointment has been made for January .

so basically we are in .

All we have to do is sell the house, which if it is up to the kids will be impossible, we got the first viewers for 9 weeks last week. when asked if the neighbours were ok the kids churped up." what about the psycho next door but one, and the other one further up. needless to say when the viewers left I hit the roof.

Steph
very , very happy

Please some one buy my house

Who told you that about the kids?
Old Dec 18th 2003, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

the agent, who has been fantastic so far, this has been the only problem.

Stef
Old Dec 18th 2003, 7:12 am
Just Joined

notts to perth is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in a similar boat here..got our visas granted in July and have had the house on the market since August. Did sell it once but it fell through. A very frustrating time , what with the kids needing to be pulled out of school, this time of year would have been ideal but I gues we'll just have to see what the new year brings.
Good luck with your house sale.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

good luck to you too notts to Perth.

Everyone keeps saying nobody looks this time of year. So lets just enjoy our last christmas and new year in England with "no worries".

hopefully we will have people flooding to our houses in the new year, fingers crossed.

Have a Merry Christmas and happy(house selling) new year.

Stef