Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

got to be a quicky

got to be a quicky

Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:45 am
owieb

Originally posted by downunderpom
Unfortunately.... unless it's changed since then, you have to get BOTH signatures on the 'intent to marry' document 30 days before the event, or no go.
No it hasn't changed. We just went and filled in our forms the other day for a wedding in December 2003.

Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:18 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Originally posted by downunderpom
Ummm......

I hate to be the fly in the ointment here, but I wanted to do exactly the same thing - surprise wedding and all that, in Perth, April 2001.

Unfortunately.... unless it's changed since then, you have to get BOTH signatures on the 'intent to marry' document 30 days before the event, or no go.
No worries.
Just to re-cap-proposed at our leaving bash (pre-planned-had a ring and everything)-after 11 years of torture,I mean bliss.So Mrs BB 2b knows we're getting wed sometime.
Managed to get her signature as we've signed loads of stuff with the house sale,and one more form un-read was easy-devious chap aint I-and have used Abergas' address for receiving tickets and stuff.
I'll tell her a day or 2 before,mean while,me and Jnr are off to the suit hire shop the morrow,seen a couple of wicked harlequin suits-nice.Mini me springs to mind.
I'll try to post a piccy here,but Mrs BB likes internet anonymity-ever since "the op".Maybe I'll hide the camera and give exclusive honeymoon shots-just be of me chucking me ring up slashed out of me face though !!

Cheers for bringing this up though,Downunder,I got caught out with this a few years ago when we were here on our hols.

BB-the trouble blokes go to for a stag night.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

So now we get to the truth, BB wants a stag night, someone sort it out for him, go on

Hope its everything Mrs BB dreamed of (the wedding not the stag night).

Lynn
Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck to you Balbutts and family for the secret do!

Hope it all goes to plan.

footie chick
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:00 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Have a good one and enjoy all the animals not just thenquokkers are yoju getting married on a bicyle made for two?? as it is the cylcing island?
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:36 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: got to be a quicky

Originally posted by baldbutts
Sorry for the strange title,but can't have any e-mails from here spoiling the surprise.
I've gone and booked the wedding on Rottnest for the 14th of next month.Now,if any of you are likely to meet Mrs BB to be,it's a secret-no putting your foot in it (no names mentioned Paula M).
So if any of you are out there that day,we need 2 witnesses-maybe Badgers'll want to do the double!! Decided we don't want a big do,and we're not inviting anyone from Aus,so as not to upset the folks in Blighty.Just me and BB jnr as bezzy man-oh and the celebrant.
Bit of a quick post while the current intended has a shower,so I'll post more when I get a chance.
Just to say my new jobs crap
BB-I'm not p***** you know-yet
Congrats BB

Will be thinkin ov u on Nov 14th............

Jamie, Harry, Friends
There’s just a few more hours.
That’s all the time you’ve got.
A few more hours
Before they tie the knot.

Doolittle
There are drinks and girls all over London, and I’ve
gotta track ‘em down in just a few more hours!
I’m getting married in the morning!
Ding dong! The bells are gonna chime.
Pull out the stopper!
Let’s have a whopper!
But get me to the church on time!
I gotta be there in the mornin’
Spruced up and lookin’ in me prime.
Girls, come and kiss me;
Show how you’ll miss me.
If I am dancin’
Roll up the floor.
If I am whistlin’
Whewt me out the door!
For I’m gettin’ married in the mornin’
Ding dong! the bells are gonna chime.
Kick up an rumpus
But don’t lost the compass;
And get me to the church,
Get me to the church,
For Gawd’s sake, get me to the church on time!

Doolittle and Everyone
I’m getting married in the morning

Doolittle
Drug me or jail me,
Stamp me and mail me.

All
I gotta be there in the morning
Spruced up and lookin’ in me prime.

Doolittle
Some bloke who’s able
Lift up the table,

All
And get em to the church on time!

Doolittle
If I am flying
Then shoot me down.
If I am wooin’,
Get her out of town!

All
For I’m getting married in the morning!

Doolittle
Feather and tar me;
Call out the Army;
But get me to the church.

All
Get me to the church...

Doolittle

Harry and Everyone
Starlight is reelin’ home to bed now.
Mornin’ is smearin’ up the sky.
London is wakin’.
Daylight is breakin’.
Good luck, old chum,
Good health, goodbye.

Doolittle
I’m gettin’ married in the mornin’
Ding dong! the bells are gonna chime...
Hail and salute me
Then haul off and boot me...
And get me to the church,
Get me to the church...

Lots ov love lisa
xxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 17th 2003, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news Baldy. You are a sweet romantic at heart aren't you? Not many blokes would plan a secret wedding like this...ahhh aren't you lovely

Hope it all goes to plan.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know the penalties for Quokka Soccer? [/QUOTE]

Ithink it's the same as ordinary soccer a spot kick from the box:scared: :scared:

That secret stag do sounds like a goodun
Old Oct 18th 2003, 12:13 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by chris hogan
does anyone know the penalties for Quokka Soccer?

Ithink it's the same as ordinary soccer a spot kick from the box:scared: :scared:

That secret stag do sounds like a goodun [/QUOTE]

I wonder if Beckham would have done better with a Quokka in Turkey.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

woottys is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool congrat's

congrats to you and the baldbutt clan on your imminant nuptuals.
i'm new to the forum and probably have'nt heard the perfecly innocent explanation as to why you are known as baldbutts.
feel free to enlighten me.
i will be moving to perth in the near future and as a fellow sparky would appreciate any advice on living and working in oz you have.
cheers
the woottys
Old Oct 21st 2003, 7:49 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

No worries.
Just to re-cap-proposed at our leaving bash (pre-planned-had a ring and everything)-after 11 years of torture,I mean bliss.So Mrs BB 2b knows we're getting wed sometime.
Managed to get her signature as we've signed loads of stuff with the house sale,and one more form un-read was easy-devious chap aint I-and have used Abergas' address for receiving tickets and stuff.
I'll tell her a day or 2 before,mean while,me and Jnr are off to the suit hire shop the morrow,seen a couple of wicked harlequin suits-nice.Mini me springs to mind.
I'll try to post a piccy here,but Mrs BB likes internet anonymity-ever since "the op".Maybe I'll hide the camera and give exclusive honeymoon shots-just be of me chucking me ring up slashed out of me face though !!

Cheers for bringing this up though,Downunder,I got caught out with this a few years ago when we were here on our hols.

BB-the trouble blokes go to for a stag night.
Just love reading your posts.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

wish my hubby was half as romantic!
good luck on the day, would love to witness the event but we are on the east coast. visited rottnest last year, very special place and happy memories for me and alan.
all the best, have missed your posts.
karen
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:51 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Just an update,
thanks to those who we met at Sophia and Gareths yesterday for not letting on.
Have ordered the rings,and sorted out mine and BB jnr's suits.Was after a couple of tasteless loud ones,but can't get em in kids sizes.So just going for scarlet waist coats (no trouseres or skids-just the waistcoats).
Anyone know which is the best restaurant on Rottnest-just so that i know to avoid it and get a take-away that night.
Getting excited now-or is that nerves when you can't get off the bog ! Mrs BB TO BE still has no clue to when or where it'll happen-think she expects some time after chrimbo.but thats the divorce (tempting fate or what).So now I'm after a lawyer dealing in pre-nuptuals,as I don't want to have to give up half me thong collection should we do a J-lO
Right gotta go,she's finished bathing Jnr

BB-not romantic-just permanently p***ed
Old Oct 27th 2003, 11:00 am
tennisoz

Sorry for the strange title,but can't have any e-mails from here spoiling the surprise.
I've gone and booked the wedding on Rottnest for the 14th of next month.Now,if any of you are likely to meet Mrs BB to be,it's a secret-no putting your foot in it (no names mentioned Paula M).
So if any of you are out there that day,we need 2 witnesses-maybe Badgers'll want to do the double!! Decided we don't want a big do,and we're not inviting anyone from Aus,so as not to upset the folks in Blighty.Just me and BB jnr as bezzy man-oh and the celebrant.
Bit of a quick post while the current intended has a shower,so I'll post more when I get a chance.
Just to say my new jobs crap
BB-I'm not p***** you know-yet
I thought this was going to be the old joke - what's the definition of a quickie? 'This won't hurt, did it'? Good luck.

TennisOz

Old Oct 28th 2003, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update,
thanks to those who we met at Sophia and Gareths yesterday for not letting on.
Not letting on? I hadn't even read this thread and assumed you were already married! What an old romantic you are! You need to give Andy some lessons there I think, maybe one year he might remember our anniversary without me reminding him! By the way he wants to know when's the stag night (or buck's night as they call them here)?

My eldest is at Rottnest at the moment, year 7 camp. We were thinking of going there sometime, everyone tells us how great it is. Good for snorkelling/scuba-diving too, if you're into that sort of thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.