Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

got my doggie back!!!!

got my doggie back!!!!

Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:28 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default got my doggie back!!!!

hello

just an update for all you dog lovers out there.......

the mini beast has been returned to us safe and sound after a long and gruelling 30 nights at AQIS animal quarantine!

She was very excited but a bit unsure of what was happening when we arrived, and the look of sheer terror in her eyes when she saw me loading up the crate that she flew in into the car!

Montu finally calmed down and settled into her old ways of taking in the scenery from the front seat of the car. Im sure she knew she was in a different country (bless her).

When we arrived back at the house she had a good look around but didn't really know what to do with herself, wondering whether we were taking her back to quarantine probably?

We pretty much took her straight down to the beach for a play with her new ball and a swim, and then a bit later we took her back out in the car to another beach further down the coast where we all went for another swim!

Pretty knackered by this time she fell asleep in the back of the car on the way home in her newly acquired safety harness....

Montu actually slept the whole night in her own bed, albeit by the side of ours, well....until about 7 am anyway when she tried to sneak up onto our bed! Back in Teesside she would be attempting to climb up by 1am!

Took her down to the beach again on Sunday morning and then out to Phillip Island!

Then on Monday we took her with us down the great ocean road, it was funny to see her in the back with her seatbelt on looking out the window at the stunning views.....

She is so chuffed to be back with us, and she is in her element here.

She follows us everywhere around the house, not letting her out of her sight, but today I went to work for 5 hours and left her, she seemed to be fine and just sleep while I was gone.

She hasnt made any mess in the house and is still perfectly house trained.

She has also strated eating!!! Yes Montu now eats all her dinner, so at least one good thing has come form her time in quarrentine......(she used to be so fussy before and wouldnt eat much).

Anyway

hope this helps

laura
xxxx
Old Mar 15th 2005, 9:21 am
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: got my doggie back!!!!

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hello

just an update for all you dog lovers out there.......

the mini beast has been returned to us safe and sound after a long and gruelling 30 nights at AQIS animal quarantine!

She was very excited but a bit unsure of what was happening when we arrived, and the look of sheer terror in her eyes when she saw me loading up the crate that she flew in into the car!

Montu finally calmed down and settled into her old ways of taking in the scenery from the front seat of the car. Im sure she knew she was in a different country (bless her).

When we arrived back at the house she had a good look around but didn't really know what to do with herself, wondering whether we were taking her back to quarantine probably?

We pretty much took her straight down to the beach for a play with her new ball and a swim, and then a bit later we took her back out in the car to another beach further down the coast where we all went for another swim!

Pretty knackered by this time she fell asleep in the back of the car on the way home in her newly acquired safety harness....

Montu actually slept the whole night in her own bed, albeit by the side of ours, well....until about 7 am anyway when she tried to sneak up onto our bed! Back in Teesside she would be attempting to climb up by 1am!

Took her down to the beach again on Sunday morning and then out to Phillip Island!

Then on Monday we took her with us down the great ocean road, it was funny to see her in the back with her seatbelt on looking out the window at the stunning views.....

She is so chuffed to be back with us, and she is in her element here.

She follows us everywhere around the house, not letting her out of her sight, but today I went to work for 5 hours and left her, she seemed to be fine and just sleep while I was gone.

She hasnt made any mess in the house and is still perfectly house trained.

She has also strated eating!!! Yes Montu now eats all her dinner, so at least one good thing has come form her time in quarrentine......(she used to be so fussy before and wouldnt eat much).

Anyway

hope this helps

laura
xxxx
Bet its like having the last family member back with you
Old Mar 15th 2005, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, bless, she sounds like she's having a ball (and so do you!!). Glad to hear she survived quarantine OK and is enjoying her new home. You'll have to post up some pics of her.

Is 30 days all they have to stay in? (Mind you, I bet it felt a lot longer than that) I always thought it was months...or is that just cats?
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

suzy a is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Laura

So glad to hear that Montu is home with you again safe and well. You have calmed my nerves a bit re - the whole dog shipping & quarantine process!!

Thanks for keeping me up to date!! Glad to hear you are all settled and enjoying your new life.

Good Luck for the future

Suzy
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Great stuff, glad she's settled in Laura

Give me a ring if you come over to Williamstown with her - bet she'd love Shelley Beach - plenty of rock pools for her to get her nose into !

Be careful of main Williamstown beach for a few days though - there were a load of jellyfish there the other evening when we were there, and apparently they have made quite a few people poorly

Cas xx
Old Mar 15th 2005, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Laura,
I was chatting to some dog walkers on Brighton beach, they said that if you go passed the Brighton baths you can let the dogs off the lead there too.
Helen
Old Mar 15th 2005, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

hi laura

glad you have been reunited at last!! have sent you a pm.

maxine
Old Mar 15th 2005, 1:20 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Laura,

Can't wait to give Montu a big fuss in a couple of weeks time!!!!!!

Glad she's settling down well, you can now relax and enjoy yourselves.

Take care, see you soon.

D D xx
Old Mar 15th 2005, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough

Thats great news !!!
Our pooch flys in 2 weeks and I am slightly worried about him.

Were they really friendly at the centre ? I'd like to send in his blanket by airmail so its there when he arrives. Do you know if they allow that ?

Sue
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:58 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Is 30 days all they have to stay in? (Mind you, I bet it felt a lot longer than that) I always thought it was months...or is that just cats?
It depends which country the pet is coming from... if it was South Africa it can be up to 9 months.

Sue.... yes they do allow some blanket, t-shirt or whatever on the plane and in quarantine. We asked that as well.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:06 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Laura,
Glad Montu survived quarantine and I bet you're happy having her back with you where she belongs.
Marie
Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:08 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Awwww Laura so glad you have got Montu back - you sound like you are back to one happy family again!!!!! You need to get a photo of Montu on here?

Montu and you and JC are going to have such a brill life over there - well done you have done it!!!!!!!!

Lynn
Old Mar 15th 2005, 5:48 pm
Merlot

Chuffed to bits for you luvvie.

Wishing you very many doggie hours together.

M xx

Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

A nice read for all of us who have this to go through

Our Max has a two week stay in kennels before we head out to Oz, but he's NEVER been without one of us staying so will be a good idea of how Quarantine MIGHT go ?!?

He'd fit in a suitcase tho ?!?
Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi laura,

glad to hear montu is happy and in his element
good to hear you are well too, my finals tomorrow at 2pm...OMG :scared:
take care and keep in touch

Trish
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.