Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got me visa at last hooray!!!

Got me visa at last hooray!!!

Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

marknsal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got me visa at last hooray!!!

Hi all, well i've finally got my business visa so all i have to do now is sell the house..... We have decided to move to Tauranga so is there anyone else on here who moved there or is thinking of it, also does anyone know the cheapest way to transfer money to NZ.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Got me visa at last hooray!!!

Congrats on visa. Taraunga looks lovely. We thought about heading that way but have decided on Oz. If you search for threads by Firing1 you'll get loads of info. He went to Taraunga with his family and was featured on the "No going back" tv prog. I also think he went on business visa so am sure you will have lots in common.
As far as the money transfer goes we used HIFX and they were great.
Cheers
Yvonne
Old Aug 30th 2004, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

marknsal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YFitz
Congrats on visa. Taraunga looks lovely. We thought about heading that way but have decided on Oz. If you search for threads by Firing1 you'll get loads of info. He went to Taraunga with his family and was featured on the "No going back" tv prog. I also think he went on business visa so am sure you will have lots in common.
As far as the money transfer goes we used HIFX and they were great.
Cheers
Yvonne
Thanks Yvonne, yes i've seen the pair of the telly, i only saw it the other day for the third time, not heard of HIFX is it Halifax bank. Where are you going in OZ?
MARK
Old Aug 30th 2004, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by marknsal
Thanks Yvonne, yes i've seen the pair of the telly, i only saw it the other day for the third time, not heard of HIFX is it Halifax bank. Where are you going in OZ?
MARK
Hi Mark
HIFX is Halewood International Foreign Exchange. You can get the info from www.hifx.co.uk
We only got granted our skilled indep visas less that a week ago and due to various probs with our agent we missed out on our planned recce this summer so we are going out blind as it were in January. We THINK we are going to Melbourne but Perth is still in the running! We're a bit stressed as we still don't know whether to rent or sell our house and we just have a million things to do. It's the decision making that does my head in though. Ho hum, time for another glass of wine.
Cheers
Yvonne