Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got a job (though not the one I went for!!)

Got a job (though not the one I went for!!)

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:53 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Got a job (though not the one I went for!!)

Whoooooooo-hooo!!! Got me a job, though not the one I went for!

Went for a job today for a Treasury Manager for a Kiwi finance company that are setting up in Brisbane, wasn't too sure about the interview but was told I'd hear by tomorrow.

Just got a call saying that I'd be perfect for the job and had "amazed them" in the interview BUT they want to create a role for me instead. I'll be the manager of the role I went for (plus a couple others) and basically run the office when the Exec Director is out of it. They offered me more than I asked for and as if all that isn't good enough, I get a weeks paid trip to Auckland to meet the office over there and get a bit of hands on experience.

Very happy Job starts in 3 weeks as well, so I still have a couple of weeks to wind out of holiday mode!

Yiiipppppppppppppppppeeeee.... off to get a beer
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got a job (though not the one I went for!!)

Originally Posted by mlbonner

Went for a job today for a Treasury Manager for a Kiwi finance company that are setting up in Brisbane, wasn't too sure about the interview but was told I'd hear by tomorrow.

Just got a call saying that I'd be perfect for the job and had "amazed them" in the interview BUT they want to create a role for me instead. I'll be the manager of the role I went for (plus a couple others) and basically run the office when the Exec Director is out of it. They offered me more than I asked for and as if all that isn't good enough, I get a weeks paid trip to Auckland to meet the office over there and get a bit of hands on experience.

Very happy Job starts in 3 weeks as well, so I still have a couple of weeks to wind out of holiday mode!

Well that sounds brilliant. Well done and enjoy your last few weeks of freedom.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 8:05 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! That sounds great!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Have fun!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Fantastic! This is the sort of thing we want to hear. The trip sounds ace.

Hope it all goes fab for you.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's brilliant. Are you that fab or are they easily pleased
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:05 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!!!!!! And a freebie trip too...nice one!!!

Well done!!

Petra
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!!!Sounds fab - and a free trip to Kiwiland too!

Deserves several I think!
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:17 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Wow Mlbonner

Great News

You certainly deserve it.

You have certainly given loads of help and advice to us Forum guys.

Julia
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:32 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Thanks everyone... I'm certainly happy, can't believe my luck and so pleased I didn't take the job I was offered last week and held off for something better
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:36 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Wow, that's brilliant. Are you that fab or are they easily pleased

Obviously I'd like to think the first one, but its more likely to be the latter
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

hey!
thats great - congrats!

tanja
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:11 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Got a job (though not the one I went for!!)

Wooooohooooo!!

Congratulations Michelle!

Good onya Luvvie! You've given folks here so much help and sound advice, you deserve everything good that's coming your way.

You got a job and I tossed one away on the same day! Booked up and ready to come home to Brissie in November. Hope the Brissie Girls Drinking Club's still going when I come back as it would be good to meet you and some of the other regulars sometime.

All the very best to you in your new job.

Cheers,
Chris (ProofReader)

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:14 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you Mlbonner!
Enjoy the rest of your holiday"mode"!
Donna.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

WOW... Well done and congratulations.

Good luck

Lindsey
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:36 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously I'd like to think the first one, but its more likely to be the latter
Nice one Michelle. You obviously know how to bul.... er .. sell yourself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.