Wikiposts

Got a job..

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:06 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by badgersmount
I gather from this site that it is something like 35K. But that may have been Perth numbers. In Sydney I knew PA/Secretaries who were on as 'much' as 47K....I expected no less than 60K in Melbourne and that is kinda of low but I was told that I was new.....maybe 70k would be better. In Sydney I would expect 70-80K???

I am on a 6 figure salary!!!! I'm still shaking my head...:scared: :scared: :scared:
Congratulations. Kind of confirms what I knew when I was in Oz - that accountants are paid a reasonable, but far more 'average', salary than in the UK. If I had worked for my firm in Melbourne at my current grade I would have been on $85k, which as you know does not compare at all favourably with what I can earn in London (add 10 to that and change to a pound sign!). Whereas you seem to have really benefitted financially from the move to Melbourne, which has got to help confirm that you've done the right thing for you.
Good luck to you.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:13 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

'on ya badge well done - good start to the new life
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:04 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dugongs
ok, not meaning to piss on your parade and good on you for finding a job etc etc etc but this looks like same crap different city to me.
I find it amazing that people have nothing better to do than put a downer on someones good luck, actually not so much good luck, but dogged determination. Badge has worked bloody hard, he reserched 100 companies, did a massive mail shot. He's set up as a sole trader and advertised for freelance IT work (and has someone interested already) He was also booked on a course to do night security work if nothing came of all of this effort.

Also he has done this without the support of his partner, who is in the uk sorting stuff out that end.

I know Badge comes over as gung hoe and can be like the biggest, most annoying puppy you have ever owned but i for one admire his positive outlook on things and the give it a go attitude that forms a lot of the aussie mentality. Perhaps if more people shared it tyhey wouldn't bugger off home within 5 minutes when things don't go their way