Wikiposts

Got a job..

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Fantastic news Badge, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. And some people say life is hard out here eh!!

Hopefully your salary will stretch to a few flights up to Brissie now and again, so we can keep in touch.

Action Man does it again
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 12:09 am
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

ok, not meaning to piss on your parade and good on you for finding a job etc etc etc but this looks like same crap different city to me.

you went on at great length at how you hated the high pressure work culture and city life etc etc etc but now you are working in IT in the most european of all oz cities.

it is hard for me to reconcile the reality of this post with the rhetoric you have previously detailed at great length before you arrived.

Originally posted by badgersmount
To an extent, I have. More money, less of the crap of blue chip banking culture. This mob are fairly casual. Less of a tiresome commute, living in a bigger house. Better lifestyle allround.

I may have made references to the fact I will try my hand at many things and have. For the time being, it suits me to earn a bit of dough.

The job is just S of the CBD.

Badge
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 1:07 am
Badge

Originally posted by dugongs
ok, not meaning to piss on your parade and good on you for finding a job etc etc etc but this looks like same crap different city to me.

you went on at great length at how you hated the high pressure work culture and city life etc etc etc but now you are working in IT in the most european of all oz cities.

it is hard for me to reconcile the reality of this post with the rhetoric you have previously detailed at great length before you arrived.
I'll make it clear! My intention has always been to LIVE in AUSTRALIA. This was my main driver. People will remember I love it warts and all! I can turn my hand to many things here.eg Truck Driving etc. You don't hear me talk about beaches much.

I find UK CULTURE a bind, the infrastructure in the UK is another thing but I won't go there, it's certainly not my main driver, and I don't often underline that (at least I think!)

I often talk about how I enjoyed the many things I was able to do in Australia - indeed - I could pick many of them up again. People remember this, indeed the original and re-recounting of these stories has become part of the persona and reputation of my username and has often been a source of great amusement to myself and many. It was always a backup plan. Could I pass a license to drive a 20 tonne truck in 5 hrs in the UK for 200-500 pounds? Probably not.

hhmmm..it was never my intention to get away from high pressure jobs or hard work. Try drilling in 40 degree heat - that is hard work and thats not city life. AUSTRALIA not UK was my main driver, and now I have it. I always used to say things like "I'd rather be poor in Australia than in the UK' now I'd qualify it by saying 'I'd rather work in IT in Australia with a bigger home, better lifestyle (yadda yadda) than in IT in the UK".

Hows your life in London anyhow?

Badge

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 1:13 am
Badge

I should also add that I have set up a dormant company to handle other things.

Mrs B and I will monitor our situation in the next 3-6 months and if things change, then we will adjust our lives accordingly.

It may well be that in a year I will give up IT completely. But now it is a case of expediency over efficiency.

Badge

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

jezdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Badge! That's what a positive attitude can do! Maybe the Hawks will take the same atitude and give the AFL a shake this year!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:12 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Badger. Jez hawks have no players left, there all injured
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:50 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dugongs

Hmmmmmmm, I see its OK for you to change your mind and return to the "seagrass beds of London" but you seem to give the impression you think it wrong if Badge changes his mind and returns to the world of IT. Why would this be then ??????
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:52 am
Just Joined

keithyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What sector of IT was that in?

Interested to see if some areas/companys are keen on certain skills rather than others.

Thanks

kb
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What sector of IT was that in?

Originally posted by keithyb
Interested to see if some areas/companys are keen on certain skills rather than others.

Thanks

kb
Don't want to steal BM's thunder but over here what interest there is is centred around Oracle, C++, Java and web development. You probably now WA is hardly the centre for technology .
Check www.seekit.com.au and www.jobnet.com.au.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 5:37 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Badge. See, it's that winning attitude again - serves you well and teaches the rest of us a good lesson!

Bundy
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

steve & dee is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done, fair play to you & congatulations, may your luck & success continue... Dee
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Got a job..

Badge good luck in your new job you jammy dodger
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done BM!
Why are you so often having to justify your choices on here? All sounds like good news to me, hope you continue to enjoy.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 11:14 pm
Badge

Originally posted by mcmercer
Well done BM!
Why are you so often having to justify your choices on here? All sounds like good news to me, hope you continue to enjoy.
I like to justify myself (here on this forum) because I AM RIGHT and will not be swayed ;-) People clutch at straws, think they have me sussed, and I like to put them right... and if they want an argument, the more they attack, the stronger I get tee hee.

cheers all

Badge

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 11:30 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
I like to justify myself (here on this forum) because I AM RIGHT and will not be swayed ;-) People clutch at straws, think they have me sussed, and I like to put them right... and if they want an argument, the more they attack, the stronger I get tee hee.

cheers all

Badge
No worries about an attack badge

Get the six figure contract (yeah - have fun mate)....and sort yourself now

You need a pension/super fund organised, put in at least 15% (and I mean at least), government has to put in less but you will need more.

Sort out private medical...you plus Mrs B to be, start now cheaper the earlier you start.

Sort an accountant....and then sort another till you trust one....check at Lions/Round table/Masons!

Start fund for children (I know you do not have them) but they need a start too!

Get digging in back garden.......ah you have rental......buy and start digging!

Hee hee ...have loads of fun!

Cheers Sandra

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.