Wikiposts

Got a job..

Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by badgersmount
I gather from this site that it is something like 35K. But that may have been Perth numbers. In Sydney I knew PA/Secretaries who were on as 'much' as 47K....I expected no less than 60K in Melbourne and that is kinda of low but I was told that I was new.....maybe 70k would be better. In Sydney I would expect 70-80K???

I am on a 6 figure salary!!!! I'm still shaking my head...:scared: :scared: :scared:

Jeez, wish I hadn't asked now!!

Makes my UWA salary look kind of cheesey.

All the best mate. Enjoy the beer tokens.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:46 pm
Badge

I must point out that it is a contract - but

a) it is 6 months, not just for 3..
b) they have work for a few years
c) the company which is very tightly knit and has govt federal contracts has a history of keeping all the contractors on for years - most have been there for 2 years plus..they have made repeated comments on the fact they are looking to keep me.

contract or no contract it is going to pay the bills and keep me out of trouble for a while, and off this bloody site..

also my hourly rate is pretty good for a first Melbourne job. And the agency that handles the tax side takes a cut...Only 1 dollar an hour!!!

I am happy with the money going in to my pocket. A job is a job. The agent reckons I would get a pay rise after 6 months..

Badge

Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

c) the company which is very tightly knit and has govt federal contracts has a history of keeping all the contractors on for years - most have been there for 2 years plus..they have made repeated comments on the fact they are looking to keep me.

contract or no contract it is going to pay the bills and keep me out of trouble for a while, and off this bloody site..

also my hourly rate is pretty good for a first Melbourne job. And the agency that handles the tax side takes a cut...Only 1 dollar an hour!!!

I am happy with the money going in to my pocket. A job is a job. The agent reckons I would get a pay rise after 6 months..

Badge
Badge you are exceeding your "Good New" transmission limit. Failure to post something suitably miserable will result in major accusations of dreaming!
Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done on the job front Badge.

footie x
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:02 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Badge, please tell me your CV didnt go like this .....

"At school, did some A levels, yadda yadda ......
Left school, joined the army, yadda yadda ......
Basic training, guns, carrying rucksacks full of groceries yadda yadda ....
Got a puter, became a geek, yadda yadda .... "

Congrats on the job
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:03 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Badge
Badge I started out on contract as well to make some contacts and its great startup money. 4 months down the line I was perm.

Good luck and congratulations although do not believe a word an agent says. They are like real estate agents but appear more genuine.

Anyway it is a great start and work after 5 weeks in IT is very good going.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:05 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Nibbs
Makes my UWA salary look kind of cheesey.
Congratulations Badge!!

Nibbs, you also work at UWA? So does Renth!

I'm checking out the vacancies website daily, it would be good to work in the Facilities Management departement/office when we get there!
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:15 pm
Badge

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Badge, please tell me your CV didnt go like this .....

"At school, did some A levels, yadda yadda ......
Left school, joined the army, yadda yadda ......
Basic training, guns, carrying rucksacks full of groceries yadda yadda ....
Got a puter, became a geek, yadda yadda .... "

went to Straya, yadda yadda.

Congrats on the job
lol MrsD. What I do, is turn all my mil exp in to 'corporate speak'. So I say I led teams in demanding situations, high profile roles, instructor, expert in a technical field etc. I then say I used PCs for analysis (like 5mins a day!)...which turned in to a civvy defence role, then into IT development. I keep all the guns and other such rubbish quiet.

Noone gives a toss, but maybe it gets me 'noticed'. Noone ever even mentions the military stuff anymore in interviews. Which is why I was surprised.

Apart from the women, esp if they are on their own. They all want to know the gory details and ask really corny questions which has me squirming in my seat with embarassment. I just tell them I don't want to have a yarn about it as it is so bloody boring.

Badge

Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:19 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Well i for one am bloody gutted, i've lost my dossing about on days off partner

On ya mate
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations Badge...what's the role? Is it in the CBD?

hevs - you may have lost your partner in crime but now you have plenty of time for your new wood carving hobby
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:50 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

ooooh...congratulations badge!!!
sowill you be running to work or going in the ute!!??

when do ya start?

sue
xx
Old Mar 21st 2004, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Great news mate, I remember a post from some member of the chatterati (BP's word, but I like it) saying your ways of fitting in with the stereotype Aussies was cringeworthy and you'd be laughed back onto the boat.

Hope they are reading your thread now
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Simone82
Congratulations Badge!!

Nibbs, you also work at UWA? So does Renth!

I'm checking out the vacancies website daily, it would be good to work in the Facilities Management departement/office when we get there!

Blimey, best keep me gob shut.

Isn't Renth one of those god like educator creatures. I'm far lower in the food chain!

I'll keep an eye out and let you know if anything comes up internally.

Mind you shouldn't count my chickens as I haven't seen the paperwork yet!

Sorry Badge, back to you, have they given you the keys to the company jet yet
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:30 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Nibbs
Blimey, best keep me gob shut.

Isn't Renth one of those god like educator creatures. I'm far lower in the food chain!

I'll keep an eye out and let you know if anything comes up internally.

Mind you shouldn't count my chickens as I haven't seen the paperwork yet!
Noooo, he's with the IT department or something like that....

Oh, of course, that's the new job you just got!! (oh what a good memory
Yeah, unfortunetly I can't access the internal vacancies on there website But you can't either (yet)

If I don't get a job before going, I will be doing 'open' applications...
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:35 pm
Badge

Originally posted by dugongs
i also remember mr badger telling everybody how he was going to be getting out of the rat race when he arrives in oz.
To an extent, I have. More money, less of the crap of blue chip banking culture. This mob are fairly casual. Less of a tiresome commute, living in a bigger house. Better lifestyle allround.

I may have made references to the fact I will try my hand at many things and have. For the time being, it suits me to earn a bit of dough.

The job is just S of the CBD.

Badge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.