Reload this Page >

Got It, I think!!!!!

Wikiposts

Got It, I think!!!!!

Old May 21st 2002, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

shamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got It, I think!!!!!

We recieved an email from DIMA Adilade yesterday, saying they were sending our pre-grant letter Whooooohoooooo.

BUT because we front loaded our application with Police checks and medicals we had to validate our visa before June 2002, (3 weeks for now).

We are getting married in September (£Chit ching£) and want to move after the dust has settled. Now it looks like we have to redo our Police checks and medicals (£Chit ching£)(£Chit ching£) before we get the final stamp of approval.

I dont know if it is a good idea to front load your application unless you are prepared to leave right away.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Does anyone know how fast we will get our grant letter after we prove we are good and healthy punters? (I hope we don't fall to the back of the queue)

Still any positive news is good news

Cheers all

shamer
Old May 21st 2002, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Got It, I think!!!!!

Hi Ya Shamer do try and take into account that police checks are taking forever at the moment , we have waited about a month for ours to come through others have been waiting longer!!!!!!
Joanne
Old May 21st 2002, 8:21 am
FOX
Forum Regular

FOX is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I have been told that if you pay extra, about £30, you can fast track police checks.

Have never asked myself but may be worth asking the question if it speeds things up.

Congratulations

Sarah
Old May 21st 2002, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point

hi just to make you more worried, i applied for my police check early january as we were going to oz for holiday end of march.
i wanted to send paperwork before we went for 2 months.
police check didnt come before we left, scotland yard just kept saying the computers down. in the end we went on our holiday without it and my mother in law sent it to us so i could take paperwork into melbourne while we were there. 3 hrs waiting in immigration offices what a waste of a days holiday.so thanks scotland yard for nothing?